CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ (PTCE™), a leader in continuing education for retail, health-system, managed care and specialty pharmacists, presents Directions in Oncology Pharmacy®, a meeting designed to educate medical professionals about therapy advancements and complexities of new treatments for different types of cancers. The event will be held on Nov. 11, at the Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan.
“We are excited to host Directions in Oncology Pharmacy® this year. This meeting will provide a platform for pharmacists and other medical experts to gather, learn, network and exchange ideas about the ever-changing field of oncology pharmacy,” said David Heckard, PTCE™ president.
The meeting will feature the following experts from the field of oncology:
- Alex Ganetsky, PharmD, BCOP, serves as a hematology/oncology clinical pharmacy specialist at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Jolynn Knoche Sessions, PharmD, BCOP, associate professor of clinical education, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina
- Patrick Medina, PharmD, BCOP, director of pharmacy, professor of medicine, Stephenson Cancer Center, University of Oklahoma
- Chad Barnett, PharmD, BCOP, clinical pharmacy specialist, breast oncology, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Division of Pharmacy
- Val R. Adams, PharmD, FCCP, BCOP, associate professor, College of Pharmacy, director of the hematology/oncology residency program, University of Kentucky
- Judith A. Smith, PharmD, BCOP, CPHQ, FCCP, FISOPP, associate professor, department of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences, McGovern Medical School, University of Texas
Directions in Oncology Pharmacy® is a one-day conference that offers up to 6 live continuing education credits. This program is designed to help pharmacists better understand their evolving role in patient care. This meeting provides pharmacists and clinical specialists with information about the advancements in the complex field of oncology pharmacy through practical examples and case studies. The faculty members will discuss topics including emerging agents for the treatment of multiple myeloma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia and solid tumors, such as breast, lung and ovarian cancer. These discussion topics will serve as a guide to help pharmacists make crucial therapy decisions. Additionally, attendees will learn how to coordinate care through inpatient, ambulatory and community settings.
The attendees will be provided with complimentary breakfast, buffet lunch and snacks during the meeting. For registration and more information, visit https://www.pharmacytimes.org/diop17.
About Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™
Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ (PTCE™) is a leader in continuing education for retail, health-system, managed care and specialty pharmacists. PTCE™ is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Our print, online and live CPE activities are designed to help improve the knowledge, competence and skills of pharmacists so that they are better prepared to provide the highest quality of pharmacy care to the patients they serve and to the physicians they assist as part of a multidisciplinary treatment/management team. To learn more about the educational activities sponsored by PTCE™, visit our website at www.pharmacytimes.org.