SAN FRANCISCO & TEL AVIV, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Reduxio Systems, the innovation leader in unified data storage management and protection solutions for the enterprise, announced today continued customer growth across primary and secondary schools and school districts. The company’s momentum in the education sector is fueled by the increased demand for Reduxio V3, the latest generation of Reduxio that provides a unified data storage, management and protection platform.
“The drive towards technology-aided education means more applications, databases and websites. However, primary and secondary school systems and districts are plagued by legacy storage systems that were designed to handle a relatively small number of applications and servers,” said Mike Grandinetti, Reduxio’s chief marketing & corporate strategy officer. “Reduxio is helping educators meet the increasing demand for data storage capacity, protection and management to ensure a collaborative and innovative education environment.”
Over the past nine months, Reduxio has added 20 school districts, a state-of-the-art vocational and academic high school and an award-winning independent school to its growing academic customer base. This includes:
- West Valley School District in Yakima, WA is made up of six elementary schools (K-4), one Middle Level Campus (5-8), a freshman campus and a high school.
- Eldorado County Office of Education (EDCOE) in El Dorado, CA is comprised of over 2,700 students across 15 school districts with a total of 67 schools.
- Manchester Essex Regional School District (MERSD) in Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA is comprised of four schools: Memorial Elementary and Essex Elementary are neighborhood schools that serve grades PreK-5, the Manchester Essex Regional Middle School serves grades 6 through 8 and Manchester Essex Regional High School, which serves grades 9 through 12.
- Medway Public Schools District in Medway, MA is comprised of two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school.
- Brockton Public Schools in Brockton, MA provides education for more than 16,000 students in 23 sites. This urban district offers an array of programs for students in PreK-Grade 12 and for adults.
- Weymouth Public School District in Weymouth, MA consists of one preschool, eight primary schools (K-4), two middle schools (5-8) and one high school.
- Plymouth South High School (PSHS) in Plymouth MA opened a new, state-of-the-art building this school year for 1,050 vocational and academic students.
- Brimmer and May in Boston, MA is an independent, pre-K-12 school with 385 students and a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, which designated Brimmer and May as a “School of the Future.”
With the start of the new school year, education databases need to be archived, and space needs to be allocated to new student information that is created. Data is also being generated and stored from different devices and in various formats. As a result, school systems and districts end up wasting vital time and resources on repetitive work, such as scheduling backups, taking snapshots or manually managing storage tiering. Reduxio V3 obsoletes snapshot backups, delivering near-zero RPO (recovery point objective) and RTO (recovery time objective), while significantly simplifying the data protection process and providing built-in data replication for disaster recovery.
“Maintaining information security is another growing problem that IT teams continue to struggle with across the education sector. The epidemic of Ransomware attacks targeting schools and districts across the United States has proven that our industry is a major target for hackers,” said Stephen Kwiatek, network administrator at Manchester Essex Regional School District. “Reduxio’s BackDating provides my schools with the reassurance of continual data protection and recovery capabilities to be able to go back to any moment in time.”
Another new discipline starting to demand resources in the education sector is data analytics. No longer is student performance only calculated using the basic standards like test scores and other graded exercises. Today, more micro-level factors are analyzed to provide a more holistic view of a student’s performance. Storage performance optimization plays a vital role in aiding smooth operations of data analytics and insight into a student’s development and growth.
“One of the reasons Brimmer and May was named a ‘School of the Future’ by the National Association of Independent Schools is that we consciously look toward the future in everything we do, from pedagogy to athletics to technology. We chose Reduxio to ‘future proof’ our data storage and management infrastructure. We use it both as primary storage in our heavily virtualized environment and as a controller for our data backups. This allowed us to maximize our prior investments in legacy storage. The system has been exceptional in performing its duties,” said Michael Langlois, director of technology at Brimmer and May School. “Storage is often seen as a commodity item in today’s IT world. Reduxio rises above the herd because of its extraordinary software, combined with the exceptional level of service and support. We are confident that we have selected the perfect technology partner to meet our current and rapidly shifting future requirements.”
To learn more about Reduxio V3, please visit www.reduxio.com.
Reduxio is redefining data management and protection with the world’s first unified primary and secondary storage platform. Based on the patented TimeOS storage operating system, Reduxio provides breakthrough storage efficiency and performance, and the unique ability to recover data to any second, far exceeding anything available on the market today. Reduxio's unified storage platform is designed to deliver near-zero RPO and RTO as a feature of its storage system, while significantly simplifying the data protection process and providing built-in data replication for disaster recovery. Reduxio is backed by C5 Capital Cloud Partners, Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP), Carmel Ventures, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) and Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ: STX). Learn more at www.reduxio.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.