RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rolls-Royce North America Holdings Inc. (RRNAHI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Rolls-Royce plc, announces the appointment of two Directors to its Board of Directors. Former American Airlines executive, Beverly Goulet and Lieutenant General Jon M. Davis, USMC (ret.), will assume their duties on the RRNAHI Board, effective October 1.
Ms. Goulet, also a member of the Rolls-Royce plc Board, most recently served as a senior executive with American Airlines Group, from which she retired in June. Formerly a practicing lawyer, she joined American Airlines in 1993. Her recent roles included Chief Restructuring Officer, helping lead American Airlines through its successful emergence from Chapter 11, and Executive Vice President and Chief Integration Officer, leading the integration of American Airlines and US Airways. Earlier in her career, she was Vice President – Corporate Development and Treasurer. She is currently Chair of American Airlines Federal Credit Union.
LtGen Davis retired in July after a distinguished, 37-year career with the U.S. Marine Corps. In his most recent position, Davis served as the Marine Corps Deputy Commandant for Aviation. In previous commands, he led Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron One, Marine Attack Squadron 223 and the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing. In addition, he served as the Deputy Commander Joint Functional Component Command -- Network Warfare and the Deputy Commander, United States Cyber Command. His personal decorations include the National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal, the Defense Superior Service Medal (two awards), the Legion of Merit (two awards), Meritorious Service Medal (three awards), Navy Commendation (three awards) as well as other campaign and service awards.
Marion Blakey, Chairman of the RRNAHI Board and President and CEO of Rolls-Royce North America, said: “Ms. Goulet and General Davis possess a wealth of expertise, leadership and strategic thinking that will provide immense value to our Board. They will bring wide-ranging insight and experience in two core areas of our business – Beverly in the airline industry and General Davis with the U.S. Department of Defense.”
The Rolls-Royce North America Board provides oversight and governance of Rolls-Royce’s U.S. based operations and helps fulfill a requirement of the company’s special security agreement with the U.S. Department of Defense.
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Rolls-Royce’s vision is to be the market-leader in high performance power systems where our engineering expertise, global reach and deep industry knowledge deliver outstanding customer relationships and solutions. We operate across five businesses: Civil Aerospace, Defense Aerospace, Marine, Nuclear and Power Systems.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
We have three common themes across all our businesses:
- Investing in and developing engineering excellence
- Driving a manufacturing and supply chain transformation which will embed operational excellence in lean, lower-cost facilities and processes
- Leveraging our installed base, product knowledge and engineering capabilities to provide customers with outstanding service through which we can capture aftermarket value long into the future.
- Annual underlying revenue was $17.25 billion* in 2016, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services. The firm and announced order book stood at $100 billion at the end of 2016.
- In 2016, Rolls-Royce invested $1.63 billion* on research and development. We also support a global network of 31 University Technology Centers (UTCs), which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research. The University of Virginia, Virginia Tech and Purdue University are part of the Rolls-Royce UTC network.
- Rolls-Royce employs almost 50,000 people in 50 countries. More than 16,500 of these are engineers.
- The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills. In 2016 we recruited 274 graduates and 327 apprentices through our worldwide training programs.
*Based upon an exchange rate of $1.00 = £.80