DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Energy/Electricity Hedging, Trading, Futures, Options & Derivatives" conference has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
This proven program (CPE approved) is for energy professionals who are looking for a comprehensive and clearly explained understanding of natural gas, oil and electricity financial instruments, the markets they trade in, and how these powerful tools can be used to manage risk and structure profitable transactions.
What You Will Learn:
- How to use futures contracts, options, swaps, trigger deals and EFPs to protect your company from natural gas, oil and electricity price risk.
- How physical and cash settled futures contracts, over-the-counter energy swaps, and physical forward contracts are traded and the purposes served by these markets.
- How the CME-NYMEX and ICE Futures & options markets operate, and how electronic marketplaces and electronic futures exchanges such as ICE, CME Globex, and CME Clearport Services work.
- How "margining" works with the Futures Exchange, its cash management impacts, and the role of the Clearinghouse.
- What the difference is between an FCM, OTC broker, trader, market-maker and energy/power marketer.
- How buyers and sellers can use natural gas futures and options to create price hedges, price caps, price floors, and "no-cost" collars to manage natural gas, electricity, oil, and petroleum products price risk.
- What basis risk is, and how basis and delivery risk can destroy your hedging program.
- How to structure profitable energy and electric power transactions without exposure to price risk, and what "trading around assets" means.
- A summary of industry clearing procedures and transaction contract language.
- The difference between brokers, traders, dealers, market-makers, marketers, and wholesale energy merchants.
- How electricity futures and derivatives are impacting the forward electric power markets.
- How to structure profitable energy, electric power, and petroleum transactions; financially create energy assets; financially turn one commodity into another; and how to make money by buying valuable options from your customers and suppliers for low prices.
Why "Extendible" deals are so profitable, and what "trading around
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fhb68z/energyelectricity