SALT LAKE CITY & BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sarcos® Robotics, a global leader in the production of robots that combines human intelligence and dexterity with the strength, endurance and precision of machines to improve efficiency and reduce occupational injuries, today announced that technology and business leader, Chris Beaufait, will join the Sarcos leadership team as chief commercial officer and general manager of exoskeleton and humanoid systems. Beaufait will lead the effort to introduce Sarcos’ force-multiplying exoskeleton robots to industrial customers.
Beaufait joins other additions to the leadership team, including Ryan Bateman, vice president, finance; Kevin Grundy, chief operating officer and vice president, operations; Scott Hopper, vice president, corporate and business development; Kristi Martindale, chief marketing officer; and Julie Wolff, general counsel and a member of the Board of Directors.
“We are very pleased to welcome Chris Beaufait to the Sarcos team,” said Ben Wolff, chairman and chief executive officer of Sarcos. “With Chris’ background as a divisional president of a Fortune 100 company focused on complex, integrated hardware and software products, I am confident Chris will be a great addition to our leadership team, driving the introduction of our revolutionary, highly dexterous, force-multiplying and life-saving machines to the global industrial marketplace.”
Beaufait is a proven technology-focused business leader with deep global experience. Previously, he served as president of the Asia Pacific and China business for Vestas, the world’s leading wind power and services company. He also spent 16 years at the General Electric Company, and held a variety of senior executive roles at GE, including president of GE Avionics. Prior to these positions, Beaufait served for 11 years in the U.S. Navy.
Beaufait is the latest in a number of c-level and vice president-level executives to join Sarcos this past year. Other recent appointments include:
- Ryan Bateman, who serves as vice president, finance, and has more than 15 years of experience leading organizations to positive financial change. His experience ranges from startups to mid-sized companies to Fortune 500 companies. Before joining Sarcos, Bateman was the chief financial officer of Suncrest Solar.
- Kevin Grundy, who serves as chief operating officer and vice president, operations. Grundy is a 25-plus year Silicon Valley technology veteran with 42 patents in electronic hardware, video and storage technology. Working directly with Steve Jobs for eight years on the NeXT Computer hardware team, Grundy oversaw the design and manufacture of the NeXT Computer, which is the antecedent for today’s Apple computer products.
- Scott Hopper, who is vice president, business development and has held leadership positions in corporate and business development roles for more than 25 years. Prior to Sarcos, Hopper was senior vice president of Clearwire Corporation, where he was responsible for their Domestic and International Business and Strategic Development activities.
- Kristi Martindale is chief marketing officer. With more than 20 years of global marketing experience, Martindale has successfully launched industry-leading products and services for startups, mid-sized companies and Fortune 500 companies in industries from Wireless Communications to Enterprise Software, most recently as vice president, global marketing at Qualcomm Incorporated.
- Julie Wolff, Sarcos’ general counsel and a member of the Board of Directors, is a former partner with Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP, one of the country’s leading business and litigation law firms. Recognized as a leader in her field, Wolff was named one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in Communications Law (2009-2010) and Corporate Law (2010-2012) by Best Lawyers.
“Sarcos is committed to enhancing the future of work by deploying robotic systems that augment rather than replace humans,” said Wolff. “To that end, we are hiring world-class talent to join our Sarcos team as we usher in the era of the Golden Age of Robotics.”
For more information about Sarcos, their leadership team, Board of Directors and Advisory Board, visit https://www.sarcos.com/company/
Sarcos® is a leader in dexterous, tele-operated robotic systems designed for use in unpredictable and unstructured environments. Leveraging more than 25 years of research and development, Sarcos provides revolutionary robotics systems that enhance human productivity, making people stronger, safer and getting them access to places they couldn’t otherwise go. Sarcos’ investors include Caterpillar, GE Ventures, Microsoft, and Schlumberger. Sarcos is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah with additional offices in the Seattle area.