LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Premier global nutrition company, Herbalife (NYSE:HLF), proudly announced today scientific leaders and experts, from its staff of more than 300 scientists and Ph.D.s, will participate at upcoming nutrition and scientific conferences worldwide. Presentations will cover a wide array of topics, such as innovations in botanical identification, manufacturing quality control, government policy, and general nutrition. Thanks in part to the Company’s investment in innovation, including facilities, research, and technology, Herbalife Nutrition continues to set a high bar for the nutrition and manufacturing industries.
"Our leading scientific talent not only ensures our products and nutrition education are of the highest standards, but they help inform other industry experts and practices," said Dr. John Agwunobi, Chief Health and Nutrition Officer, Herbalife Nutrition. "Our continued research and innovations, coupled with a dedicated team of researchers, scientists and suppliers, help us provide our customers with the best products."
Herbalife Nutrition will be participating in the following events in 2017:
- Quality control analytical scientist, Zhengfei Lu, Ph.D., will give a presentation titled “Validation of a Two-Tiered DNA Barcoding Method for Raw Botanical Identification.”
- Quality scientists, Yanjun Zhang, Ph.D., and Quanyin Gao, Ph.D., will co-chair a scientific session titled “Characterization of Botanical Extracts Using Multiple Technologies.”
- Quality scientists, Congmei Cao, Ph.D., and Yanjun Zhang, Ph.D., will give a presentation titled “Characterization of Botanical Reference Material for Herbalife Quality Control.”
- Quality control scientist, Austin Shappi, will give a presentation titled “Benefits of Simplified Mass Detection for the Routine Analysis of Nutritional Supplements.”
- Vasilios Frankos, Ph.D., M.S., senior corporate advisor on product science and safety, and former director, division of dietary supplements programs, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), will participate on a panel about the implications of the Administration’s positions on the food and dietary supplement industry.
- Chief Health and Nutrition Officer, Dr. John Agwunobi, M.B.A., M.P.H., will be giving a presentation titled “The Evolution of Diabetes Policy in USA and Beyond—Science to Multi-Stakeholder Approaches."
- Research and development scientist, Isabel Tornadu, Ph.D., will present a poster on aloe titled “In vitro effects of Aloe vera extracts on cellular proliferation after injury and other measures of wound-healing in human umbilical vein endothelial cells.”
- Herbalife Nutrition scientists and doctors will be on hand to answer questions at the Company’s exhibit booth #29.
- Susan Bowerman, M.S., R.D., CSSD, CSOWM, FAND, director of Worldwide Nutrition Education and Training; Simon Sum, Ph.D., R.D.; Pamela Wu, R.D.; and Marien Gordoa, R.D., will be on hand to talk with other dietitians attending the event at the Company’s exhibit booth #526.
To receive the latest company updates from Herbalife Nutrition, on Twitter follow @HerbalifeNews or visit Herbalife.com.
Herbalife Nutrition is a global nutrition company whose purpose is to make the world healthier and happier. The Company has been on a mission for nutrition - changing people's lives with great nutrition products & programs - since 1980. Together with our Herbalife Nutrition independent distributors, we are committed to providing solutions to the worldwide problems of poor nutrition and obesity, an aging population, sky-rocketing public healthcare costs and a rise in entrepreneurs of all ages. We offer high-quality, science-backed products, most of which are produced in Company-operated facilities, one-on-one coaching with an Herbalife Nutrition independent distributor, and a supportive community approach that inspires customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Our targeted nutrition, weight-management, energy and fitness and personal care products are available exclusively to and through dedicated Herbalife Nutrition independent distributors in more than 90 countries.
Through its corporate social responsibility efforts, Herbalife Nutrition supports the Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF) and its Casa Herbalife programs to help bring good nutrition to children in need. The Company is also proud to sponsor more than 190 world-class athletes, teams and events around the globe, including Cristiano Ronaldo, the LA Galaxy, and numerous Olympic teams.
The Company has over 8,000 employees worldwide, and its shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:HLF) with net sales of approximately $4.5 billion in 2016. To learn more, visit Herbalife.com or IAmHerbalife.com.
The Company also encourages investors to visit its investor relations website at ir.herbalife.com, as financial and other information is updated and new information is posted.