DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Natural Gas Distribution Market: Global Briefing 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The natural gas distribution market includes establishments involved in operating gas distribution systems, transmitting and distributing gas to final consumers. These establishments also include gas marketers and gas brokers or agents. Gas marketers buy gas from the well and sell it to a distribution system. Gas brokers or agents arrange the sale of gas over gas distribution systems operated by others.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the natural gas distribution market in 2016, accounting for around 36% market share. This was mainly due to presence of a large number of households and power generation companies in China, India, Japan and other ASEAN countries. Eastern Europe was the smallest region accounting for less than 1% market share. This was mainly due to the size of the market and implementation of government policy encouraging use of nuclear, hydro and other renewable energy sources for power generation, and reduce dependence on natural gas.
Natural gas distribution companies are using advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) technology to better monitor and maintain assets and infrastructure. AMI is an integrated system of smart meters, communication systems and data management systems. AMI improves meter reading, cuts incremental costs and reduces the need for estimated billing. It also helps to obtain real-time insights and analysis on the entire distribution network to detect corrosion and leaks. As part of its AMI deployment program, British Gas has installed smart gas meters in the UK and plans to install about 53 million smart meter units by 2020.
- Markets Covered: Industrial and Commercial, Household Crude Oil & Natural Gas and Drilling Oil and Gas Wells
- Companies Mentioned: Centrica, Tokyo Gas, Osaka Gas, Gas Natural Fenosa, UGI, Sempra Energy, Atmos Energy, NiSource, Towngas, GAIL India Halliburton, Saipem, Schlumberger Ltd., Baker Hughes Incorporated, Weatherford International plc, China Oilfield Services Ltd., Calfrac Well Services Ltd., Trican Well Service Ltd. and Petrofac
- Geographic scope: Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, Africa
- Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tvchrb/natural_gas