DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Nanowires Market-Segmented By Type, Application And Geography 2017 - 2022" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Nanowires are building blocks for next generation of electronics, photonics, sensors and energy applications. The major application of nanowires is in transparent conductors market whose value in 2015 was over USD 3100 million. The Asia-Pacific and North America are the leading markets for transparent conductors. So it is expected that these regions would be the leading markets for nanowires as well.
The metal nanowires can be used in electrical connection to nano-circuits, high density perpendicular data storage devices, nano-sensors and nano-electrodes. Over the years silver nanowires would replace indium tin oxide (ITO), which is used as transparent conductive coating for capacitance touch screens. Moreover, with growing research advances nanowires could replace LEDs as well.
Semi-conductor nanowires can be used to increase the efficiency of solar cells. Solar Voltaics, a startup gathered an investment of USD 9.4 million, based on its claim that its new nanowire technology can be used to generate more efficient solar cells. Semiconductor nanowires can be applied in solar cells, battery electrodes, sensors and in biology. Semiconductor quantum nanowires can be used in optoelectronic applications.
Market Dynamics of the Global Nanowires Market:
- Development of production processes for rapid and mass production
- Increasing applications of nanowires in LEDS, nano-medicines and consumer goods
- Rise in investments in research activities in this sector
- Insufficient control over properties of individual blocks while manufacturing nanowires
- Lack of reliable methods for assembling and building blocks into circuits
- Blue Nano
- Minnesota Wire
- Nanostructured and Amorphous materials Inc.
- US Nano
- ACS Material
- Blue Nano
- Nano Composix
- RAS Materials
- Sea Shell Technology
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. Nanowires Market
4. Market Dynamics
5. Patent Analysis
6. R&D ongoing and future Analysis
7. Nanotechnology programs and projects
8. Market Segmentation and Analysis
9. Regional Market Analysis
10. Competitive Landscape
11. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wfm2b2/global_nanowires