DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Nanotubes Market - Segmented By Type, Application and Geography 2017 - 2022" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The market of the carbon nanotubes is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 16% in the next 3-4 years. At present the carbon nanotubes account for about 28% market share of the total nanomaterial market. Majorly used nanotubes are carbon nanotubes, silicon nanotube, boron nitride nanotube, DNA nanotube and membrane nanotube. The major applications of carbon nanotubes are in microelectronics, solar cells, electronic components and loud speakers. The global production of carbon nanotubes in 2014 was over 7300 million tons.
The commercial production of boron nitride nanotubes was about 100 gms in 2013, of late boron nitride nanotubes production is being commercialized. A startup BNNT, with their license from Berkely Laboratory and Tenka Holdings Canada, with an exclusive agreement with National Research Council of Canada, has decided to commercially manufacture boron nitride nanotubes on a large scale. These nanotubes are used in aerospace, biomedical, automotive and defence & security.
The silicon nanotubes have found their application in Li-ion battery, by which the Li-ion capacity can be increased by 10 times. Inorganic polymers can be used in bone tissue engineering applications. Member nanotubes have found potential application in various fields like food safety, environmental pollution control, health and fuel cell.
- Increasing research and growing patents year by year
- Emerging applications of nanotubes in electronics, solar cells and Li-ion batteries
- Newer methods of producing nanotubes on a large scale at lower costs
- Difficulty in mass production of nanotubes
- Acquiring patents for the production of nanotubes
- Baseline for the production of nanotubes based on safety regulations leading to less productivity
- American Elements
- CNAno technology
- Showa Denko
- Bayer Material Science
- Carbon Solutions
- Carbon NT&F
- First Nano
- Catalyx nanotech
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. Nanotubes Market
4. Market Dynamics
5. Patent Analysis
6. R&D ongoing and future Analysis
7. Nanotechnology programs and projects
8. Market Segmentation and Analysis
9. Regional Market Analysis
10. Competitive Landscape
11. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6jfbpb/global_nanotubes