ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wright Flood:
- Nation’s largest servicer of FEMA’s NFIP reports Hurricane Irma claims processing is underway in areas affected by the storm.
- Teams of adjusters are on the ground in Texas, Louisiana and now Florida visiting homes and businesses and, in many situations, Wright Flood is processing payments to policy holders.
- Thousands of claims have been opened for those affected by Hurricane Harvey, with more than $24M in advance payments already made to help insured customers begin rebuilding their lives.
- Policyholders can open a claim in several ways, including by text message. Additional resources have been brought in to respond to claims coming in from both Hurricane Irma and Harvey.
New: Open Flood Claim By Text:
1. Text CLAIM to 727-777-7066
2. You can utilize either your policy number or property address.
3. Respond via text to six questions
4. Receive a confirmation response via text with additional tips. Your adjuster will be in touch.
5. Within 24 hours you will receive a return text with your claim number included.
New: Additional Phone Numbers* To Report Claims:
1. Dial **FLOOD or **35663
2. Follow prompt #4 “Report a new claim”
For use with cell phones only. Verizon’s VoLTE users may not have this access.
About Wright Flood: Wright Flood writes more federal flood policies in the state of Texas and Louisiana than any other flood provider. Wright Flood provides federal flood insurance, excess flood coverage, private flood coverage and leading industry expertise, earning an A- (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best. As the largest provider of federal flood insurance in the U.S., Wright Flood takes pride in user-friendly technology, exceptional claims reputation and providing the service clients deserve. Agents and policyholders may visit us at www.wrightflood.com.