BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Infosecurity Group, the founders of Europe’s no.1 information security event, today announced new speakers and programs being added to the inaugural Infosecurity North America 2017 Expo and Conference, held on October 4-5, 2017 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Some of the newly added speakers include top Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and government officials who will discuss pressing topics in each of the four modules at the event: securing the human factor, privacy, security, governance and risk, combating cyber risks and threats, and building cyber response and resilience.
The newly added speaker lineup includes:
- Jeffrey Tricoli, Section Chief Cyber, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- David Hogue, Senior Technical Director, NSA's Cybersecurity Threat Operations Center (NCTOC)
- Michael Yamamoto, CISO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Heidi Shey, Senior Analyst, Forrester Research
- Heath Renfrow, CISO, United States Army Medicine
- Bill Newhouse, Deputy Director National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, NIST
- Lauren Claypool, Director of Professional Services, Alta Associates & The Executive Women’s Forum
- Michael Figueroa, President & Executive Director, Advanced Cyber Security Center (ACSC)
- Jigar Kadakia, Chief Information Security and Privacy Officer, Partners HealthCare
- Jo Bentley, SVP Enterprise Risk Management, Boston Private Bank & Trust
- Esmond Kane, Deputy CISO, Partners Healthcare
This unique event offers conference attendees two full days of education, networking and career development opportunities for information security professionals with a wide-ranging conference program and an eclectic mix of exhibitors. Free expo passes include:
- Information Security Exchange Theater – We’re offering 2 full days of in-depth presentations, panel discussions, and case studies. Visitors can expect to leave the sessions equipped with new strategic and technical approaches and techniques to take back into their businesses.
- Technology Showcase Theater: The theater offers 2 full days of sessions where visitors will be among the first to hear about new solutions and technologies. As well as seeing host product demonstrations, visitors can also ask questions directly, giving instant insights to take away.
- Tech Startup Zone: This dedicated area of the show floor will feature a concentration of startup companies new to the information security industry. This dedicated zone will host exhibitors that have launched in the last 5 years and are generating less than $500K annually, as well as being privately or venture capital owned.
- Next-Gen Infosec Live: Aimed at building the next generation of cybersecurity professionals, this event will offer conference attendees an inside look at the cybersecurity industry. During the event, The Infosecurity Magazine Next-Gen Infosec initiative will be launched to give those who are interested in entering the industry a platform on which to publish their research, work and blog posts. Working with local STEM schools and organizations such as MassTech, post-graduate and undergraduate students are invited to join the growing infosec community on Thursday, October 5 from 1:30-4:30pm in Room 208.
- Cyber Startup Competition: Committed to supporting and fostering innovation in the cyber security industry, the Infosecurity North America Cyber Startup Competition is an opportunity for start-up companies looking for funding to present their elevator pitches to a judging panel of venture capitalists. The competition will take place during a breakfast session, which will end with the announcement of the “Infosecurity North America Cyber Startup Company of the Year 2017.” This breakfast competition takes place on Thursday, October 5 from 9:00-10:30am in Room 208.
- Infosecurity North America Leaders Program: This exclusive CISO event offers a series of exclusive services available to senior information security end-users, offering attendees the opportunity to share knowledge and build lasting relationships with fellow senior professionals and decision-makers.
- The Executive Women’s Forum (EWF) Meet & Greet Brunch: The EWF invites all women attending Infosecurity North America to the Meet and Greet brunch on Thursday, October 5, 2017 from 11:00am-12:30pm in Room 208. Register to attend here: http://www.ewf-usa.com/events/event_details.asp?legacy=1&id=998932
- The Cyber Soiree Networking Party: To cap off the first day of the conference, Infosecurity Group is hosting an evening networking event with cocktails for attendees to mix and mingle. The party is being held on October 4 from 5-7pm inside the main entrance of the conference. All are welcome.
“We built the conference program for Infosecurity North America to ensure we can provide IT security professionals with many unique opportunities for networking, educational development and career advancement -- all under one roof,” said John Hyde, Exhibition Director. “We’ve added customized programs to address many of the real-world challenges IT security pros face, beyond just tackling daily security threats plaguing networks. The program is uniquely designed to foster networking and collaboration among IT security pros, end users, students, women in security, startup entrepreneurs and venture capitalists.”
Infosecurity North America is founded by Infosecurity Group who has provided the global information security community with some of the largest, longest established conferences and expos over the past 22 years including Infosecurity Europe. Some of the current exhibitors at the event include: Apricorn, Barkly Protects, Inc., CyberSift, Crest, Digital Guardian Inc., Egress Software Technologies Ltd., FourV Systems, LLC, Glasswall Solutions Limited, Hitachi ID Systems, Ipswitch, LastPass, Lepide, ManageEngine, Mimecast, Mon-K Data Protection, Origone, Rackmount.IT, Seceon, and Secure Data Inc., among others.
More information, including how to register for the event, can be found at: www.infosecuritynorthamerica.com
Media Note: Press registration is also open. To apply for an Infosecurity North America press pass, please visit: http://www.infosecuritynorthamerica.com/register/
About Infosecurity Group
With 22 years of experience in providing year-round education and networking opportunities for visitors, solution-providers and thought-leaders alike, the Infosecurity Group looks to bring the global infosecurity community together in person, in print and online. Featuring the award-winning Infosecurity Magazine as well as 8 established events all around the globe, our purpose is to help you find “everyone and everything you need to know about information security.”