Record revenue performance of $67.9 million, up 33% (H1 2016: $51.2
- Strong organic revenue growth of 32% in publishing division and 12% in the media division;
- Gross profit increased 30% to $35.2 million (H1 2016: $27.0 million);
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 30% to $22.9 million (H1 2016: $17.7 million);
- Profit before tax up 23% to $19.5 million (H1 2016: $15.8 million);
- Interim dividend of $8.0 million or 4.0226 cent per share, an increase of 5% (H1 2016: 3.8205 cent per share); and
- Strong balance sheet with $43.1 million cash and short term investments underpins key growth initiatives.
- Strong organic growth in the publishing & media divisions while maintaining high margins;
- Acquired www.Greedyrates.ca (“Greedyrates”), a Canadian credit card comparison website, and US financial services information website, www.Moneyunder30.com (“Moneyunder30”), accelerating the Group’s entry into the financial services sector;
- Completed the acquisition of www.securethoughts.com (“Securethoughts”), a US cyber security comparison website, the Company’s first move into the high growth Cyber security sector;
- Acquired ClicksMob, a mobile performance-based user acquisition platform, providing expertise in user acquisition for mobile apps and games;
- Commenced operations in Romania with the acquisition of a leading publishing asset and obtained a license to operate as an online gambling affiliate in the Romanian market; and
- Continued development of our technology and in-house systems; Dau-Up awarded ‘Instagram Marketing Partner’ for Ad Technology.
Ory Weihs, Chief Executive Officer of XLMedia, commented:
“We are delighted to report another record period of strong profit growth for the Group. The combination of both organic and acquisitive growth has accelerated our progress extending our business into new verticals and new geographic regions.
“Current trading remains strong and we are confident that the ongoing implementation of our strategic focus will continue to yield excellent results, underpinning the board’s ongoing confidence in the Company’s near and medium term prospects.”
A webcast of our results presentation will be available on our website later today: http://www.xlmedia.com/media/
The full announcement including financial statements for the interim results ended 30 June 2017 are available on our website at the following address: http://www.xlmedia.com/regulatory-news/