DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Smart Cities in India: Business Opportunities in Kochi City 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The Government of India (GoI) launched the 100 Smart City Mission in April 2015; the plan is to implement this through area based approaches. Cities have been selected through a City Challenge Competition. Each city will get Central assistance to the tune of INR 500 Cr for 5 years. The remaining money has to be raised by the Smart city corporations. The Smart city proposals shall be implemented through Special Purpose Vehicle (SPVs) - incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 at the city-level.
The SPV would have the State/UT and ULB as promoters with 50:50 equity shareholding. The private sector could be considered for taking equity stake in the SPV.
Kochi is a major port city on the south-west coast of India. The city is centrally located with efficient global connectivity. The city has strong port infrastructure, modern transhipment terminal at Vallarpadam and its ongoing airport expansion (with a new international terminal), sees the city is emerging as a key regional trade hub.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Smart Cities in India - Business Opportunities in Kochi City - 2017
2. Executive Summary
- Kochi is among the fastest implementers of projects under the Smart Cities Mission in India
- Smart City Kochi Limited is a PPP between the Kerala Government and UAE-based TECOM Investments
3. Smart Cities in India
- In 2030, India's cities will be home to 600 Mn people, presenting immense opportunities and challenges
- Globally, city governments are focusing on development of Smart city technologies to tackle urban challenges
- The GoI rolled out the Smart City Mission in 2015 to partly address urbanization needs
- Ministry of Urban Development has charted a roadmap to boost implementation of 100 Smart City projects
- The Ministry has devised a financing model to boost implementation of the 100 SMART cities projects
- Smart Cities Nominated in India
4. Kochi Smart City
- Kochi successfully executed several marquee infrastructure projects with efficient urban governance
- Vision & themes of the Kochi Smart City proposal support steps to improve urban governance and city image
- Kochi Metro Rail Limited and multi-lateral agencies offer technical support for project implementation
- SMART city corporation is implementing the projects in conjunction with Kochi Metro Rail Limited
- Mass Rapid Transit projects have been scheduled during the medium to long terms
5. Opportunity Analysis
6. Go-to-Market Recommendations
8. Annexure: Our Services
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jznzx8/smart_cities_in