MYRTLE BEACH, S.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Frontier Communications’ operations teams in South Carolina are continuing preparations for possible severe weather associated with Hurricane Irma, currently expected to make landfall in South Carolina next week. Operations teams and management are taking steps to prepare including:
- Double-checking all safety equipment and supplies used by field technicians.
- Placing emergency network supplies throughout company facilities.
- Taking inventory of supplies that will be needed in the aftermath of severe weather to restore the network.
As part of its preparations, the company is issuing these reminders:
- Stay far away from any downed cables or power lines. Contact Frontier at 800-921-8102 (business) or 800-921-8101 (residential) to report any fallen telephone poles or cables.
Take preventative steps to be sure you can communicate in the event commercial power is lost, such as:
- Customers who rely on cordless phones should consider plugging a traditional corded phone directly into the wall. In the event of a commercial power outage, corded phones on the copper network will still operate; cordless ones will not. If commercial power is unavailable, generators and batteries in Frontier's central offices serve as a backup. Phone lines generally will have enough power in them to use a corded phone. For customers using FiOS phone services in Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach, the battery backup will supply voice service for up to eight hours.
- Customers' voicemail boxes are protected within Frontier's network and will continue to operate despite a power loss; and
- Be sure wireless devices such as cell phones, laptops and tablet devices are all charged in advance of the severe weather.
"We know that being able to communicate during a storm is critical to our customers’ well-being and public safety,” said Melanie Williams, Frontier’s Senior Vice President, Operations in South Carolina. “Our team is working to prepare for extreme weather and will be there for our business and residential customers to quickly and safely restore any affected network services.”
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Please note that Frontier has a new logo that is available for download at our Press Room.