ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Laura Borgstede of Calysto Communications, has announced plans to assemble an industry-leading “IoT Thought Leadership Board,” with Collaboration from famous IoT influencers James Brehm of James Brehm & Associates, Carl Ford of Crossfire Media, Jim Morrish, formerly of Machina Research and John Feland of Argus Insights.
The mission of the “IoT Thought Leadership Board” is to:
- To educate everyone on IoT by providing clear definitions. This includes industrial, enterprise and consumer, comprising B2B, B2C and B2B2C.
- To clearly communicate the economic impact IoT will have on the world.
- To mainstream IoT so it’s not jargon to the enterprise or the consumer.
- To articulate where we are now and what IoT will enable in 5, 10, and 20 years from now.
- To frame the internal industry “agenda” on IoT.
The “IoT Thought Leadership Board” will meet at least twice per year for a C-level Roundtable, while also maintaining communications through an exclusive online “chat room” to share ideas and information. The board will collaborate to create clear definitions for the IoT industry, as well as set the IoT Industry Agenda on what the next five things the IoT industry should address and how.
Key Players include:
- James Brehm – Analyst Advisor. James will help identify successes and failures, guide programming for the board, provide an overview of the entire industry’s perspective (topics for roundtable and other calls), and share knowledge on ARPU and ROI in businesses in IoT.
- Carl Ford – Moderator and Influencer. Carl will serve as the moderator of the Roundtables as well as pull Thought Leaders for the events (and more).
- Jim Morrish – Industry Advisor. Jim will mentor the IoT “Industry Agenda” to papers or blogs on themes – e.g. The next 5 things the industry needs to focus on.
- John Feland, Argus Insights – IoT industry and marketing Savvant. Will lead the need for what is actually happening real-time on social channels. Identifying changes in consumer and business perceptions, acceptance of “The IoT Industry Agenda” and real-time trends and topics.
- Laura Borgstede – Laura will offer Strategic Positioning and Marketing of the Board, it’s mission and its platforms. Her agency, Calysto Communications, will support the marketing and awareness of all IoT Thought Leaders.
“We want to identify a unique group of true visionaries in the IoT industry,” said Laura Borgstede. “By bringing together the sharpest minds in IoT, we have a chance to shape the industry, while making a positive and lasting impact on the lives of consumers and businesses alike. We have already invited a select few and will be looking for more candidates at Mobile World Congress – Americas 2017.”
About Laura Borgstede
Laura is a gadget person, with 100+ IoT devices in her home. Her obsession with IoT permeates from her personal life to her professional life. She started in IoT in 1996, launching BellSouth’s telemetry solution, Cellemetry. She worked in automatic meter reading with ABB in 1997 and has been involved in M2M and IoT ever since. She is most proud of Calysto’s work with John Horn & Raco Wireless, helping to launch the company, publicize it, and take it full circle to acquisition. Laura launched Calysto Communications in 1999 – as the first mobile, wireless & telecom PR firm, then re-invented it in 2007 as the first global cloud-based Content marketing, PR and social media marketing firm.