BERLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IFA 2017--Today, HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, introduced the JBL Boombox portable Bluetooth speaker. JBL Boombox, keeps the party rocking for up to 24 hours with best in class sound and blasting, blistering bass thanks to a powerful, long-lasting battery.
The newest member of the JBL portable speaker family delivers a serious punch while setting a new benchmark in party sound via Bluetooth streaming. It’s also the biggest portable speaker available, weighing in at over 11 pounds (5.25 kg) and nearly 20 inches (50 cm) long. The speaker’s large frame is equipped with four active transducers and two bass radiators, providing powerful sound and bass in a substantial—but portable—package.
The JBL Boombox brings new meaning to “party around the clock,” thanks to a massive 20000mAh battery that provides 24 hours of continued playtime. With the addition of a dual charge out, music lovers won’t have to worry about missing a beat, as their smart devices can be simultaneously charged while the music plays.
The portable speaker also features an IPX7 rated waterproof design. Whether stopping by a legendary pool party, shooting hoops with friends, or hitting the beach, the Boombox is rugged enough to withstand any weather conditions. For those looking to make the party even bigger, the Boombox can connect to more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers within Bluetooth range, taking the sound experience to an entirely new level with a touch of a button.
“We’re excited to give consumers yet another way to have a powerful audio experience, now in a massively portable package,” said Andy Tsui, Vice President & General Manager, Smart Audio Business Unit. “As leaders in the space, we’re thrilled to offer a speaker that provides epic, long-playing sound, setting the standard for power in all future portables in the industry.”
The JBL Boombox won a prestigious EISA Award from the European Imaging and Sound Association which honors the most innovative and cutting-edge products introduced each year. Well known as one of the most significant recognitions in the consumer electronics industry, HARMAN will debut the JBL Boombox in the upcoming IFA show in Berlin.
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Wirelessly connect up to two smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound.
- High-capacity 20,000mAH rechargeable Battery: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 24 hours of playtime and charges devices via dual USB ports.
- IPX7 Waterproof: Take Boombox to the beach or pool without worrying about rain, spills or submersion in water.
- JBL Connect+: Amplify your listening experience and rock the party by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers.
- Sound modes: Enjoy deeper bass and richer sound in indoor mode; switch to outdoor mode for expansive sound with strong bass and longer playtime
- Monstrous Sound and Bass: Incorporated with four active transducers and two JBL bass radiators, JBL Boombox delivers monstrous sound along with hard hitting bass that listeners will not only hear but also see.
- Available in Black and Forest Green.
Pricing and Availability
The JBL Boombox will be available for purchase online this fall at JBL.com for $449.95.
Follow HARMAN online
- Find more news at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Connect with Harman on LinkedIn
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN on Twitter @harman
- Follow Twitter Hashtag #Harman
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
© 2017 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. AKG is a trademark of AKG Acoustics GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications, and appearance are subject to change without notice.