The IoT Vendor Platform Deals Tracker: 1H17 logs, classifies, and provides trend analysis for publicly announced platform deployments by vendors to service providers (wireless carriers and third-party specialists). The platforms may be commercially available or proprietarily developed and may be for the sake of connectivity, device, application, subscription, or analytics management.
- Software platforms have been at the center of all meaningful innovation in the market for connected assets during the past six years. Platforms have transformed embedded connectivity from the simple wholesale of SIMs and modems to a market for intelligent, managed services.
- Connectivity management, device management, and application management are the three typical platform types. Having started with the cellular machine-to-machine (M2M) market, platform providers are now re-architecting their products for the wider world of the Internet of Things (IoT).
- 156 individual deals between platform vendors and IoT service providers have been logged and classified.
Features and benefits:
- Details IoT platform deployments by service provider, from 2009 until the year-to-date.
- Summarizes IoT platform sales by vendor, from 2009 until the year-to-date.
- Summarizes IoT platform sales by type, from 2009 until the year-to-date.
Key Questions answered:
- What is the current and historical trend for IoT platform deployments?
- Which are the most active service providers. and which vendor suppliers are they choosing?
- Which are the market-leading vendors, and with which service providers are they embedded?
- What are the evolving trends in IoT platform deployments types: connectivity, application, device, subscription, and analytics?
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mb7tls/iot_vendor