Revenues from OTT TV episodes and movies for 19 Latin American countries will reach $4.60 billion in 2022; up from the $1.87 billion recorded in 2016. SVOD will remain the region's largest OTT revenue source; contributing $2.86 billion by 2022 (62% of the total).
The Latin America OTT TV and Video Forecasts report forecasts 32.54 million SVOD subscribers by 2022; nearly double from the 17.08 million recorded at end-2016. Brazil will account for 34% of the region's SVOD subs by 2022, with Mexico bringing in a further 28%.
Pan-regional services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Claro Video, Blim, HBO, Crackle and Movistar Play are adding a competitive edge to the SVOD sector.
The top seven regional platforms will account for 88% of the region's paying SVOD subscribers by end-2022. Netflix will remain the largest pan-regional SVOD platform by some distance, with half of the region's total by 2022 (down from a 64% share in 2016).
Published in August 2017, this 174-page PDF and excel report combines the relevant countries from two of last year's reports: Latin America OTT TV & Video Forecasts and Latin America SVOD Forecasts in one convenient place. Covering movies and TV episodes, the report covers 19 countries.
The report comes in five parts:
- Executive summary and regional forecasts, with handy comparison tables to reveal the best growth prospects;
- Major SVOD platforms, including market share for each;
- Regional forecasts summary from 2010 to 2022 by platform, by household penetration, by SVOD subscribers and by OTT revenues for movies and TV episodes;
- Country profiles for 19 territories;
- Detailed country forecasts for 19 nations.
- Amazon Prime Video
- Claro Video
- Movistar Play
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vp2d58/latin_america_ott