DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Packaged Foods Market in Saudi Arabia (KSA), 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The Foods Industry in the KSA is undergoing a major change with new societal trends such as the internet, social media, increasing employment opportunities for women, etc. having an impact on the dietary habits of the country.
There is an increasing demand for foods, which address certain aspects such as convenience, ease of preparation, health, etc. There is also a marked difference in the purchasing practices of consumers with the advent and penetration of modern retail, influencing packaging, sizes and even promotional activities in the food industry.
This document aims to be a top-level guide to help CXOs evaluate their existing portfolios and create a long term business roadmap. The document provides an overview of the retail, packaged foods industry in the KSA. Key mega and micro trends that impact the industry have been analysed to understand their impact on the food industry.
Various channels for sales of products have also been identified. The document also details the top two segments in the market, providing information on competitors, sales channels, demand forecasts, and other key market matrices.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Scope & Limitations
2. Macro Trends: the KSA
- The GCC will witness high population growth, spearheaded by the KSA in terms of growth and population numbers
- In the KSA, 59% of the population is below the age of 35, therefore products attracting this category are the focus
- Planned economic diversification and Government's initiative on Food Security will make investment in the food industry an attractive option
- The food retail segment is the largest and a high growth segment, with high potential in the packaged foods space
- Growth driven by urbanisation, fast-paced lifestyle and a young population
- Chocolate Confectionery, frozen foods, chilled processed foods and snacks are the key growth drivers
- Of the high growth segments, only chocolate Confectionery and Breakfast Cereals are highly dependent on imports
- Chocolate Confectionaries and Snacks are high growth with few large players in the market
3. The Industry going Forward
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lzt9rw/packaged_foods