DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Genetic Ophthalmology Disorders Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Juvenile macular degeneration is a series of inherited eye disorders that affects children and young adults, with the most common form being Stargardt disease, an inherited autosomal recessive syndrome. There are a total of 14 products in development for this indication, by 11 companies and one academic institution. Key companies operating in this pipeline space include Astellas, and the biomedical charity Fondazione Telethon.
Leber congenital amaurosis primarily affects the retina, which is the specialized tissue at the back of the eye that detects light and color. It is the most common cause of inherited blindness in childhood. There are a total of nine products in development for this indication, by six companies and two academic institutions. Spark therapeutics, who are fielding two products in this indication, are the most active pipeline developer for Leber congenital amaurosis.
The report "Genetic Ophthalmology Disorders Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017", provides an overview of the pipeline landscape for genetic ophthalmological disorders. The report provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for Stargardtdisease, Lebercongenital amaurosis, Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy, Usher Syndrome and Retinitis pigmentosa, and features dormant and discontinued projects.
- Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for genetic ophthalmological disorder therapeutics?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in the field of genetic ophthalmological disorders?
- Acucela Inc
- Alkeus Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Allergan Plc
- Amarantus Bioscience Holdings Inc
- Amgen Inc
- AmpliPhi Biosciences Corp
- Applied Genetic Technologies Corp
- Asklepios BioPharmaceutical Inc
- Astellas Pharma Inc
- Biovista Inc
- Caladrius Biosciences Inc
- Copernicus Therapeutics Inc
- Dompe Farmaceutici SpA
- Editas Medicine Inc
- GenSight Biologics SA
- Grupo Ferrer Internacional SA
- ID Pharma Co Ltd
- InFlectis BioScience
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Report Guidance
2. Executive Summary
3. Genetic Ophthalmology Disorders Report Coverage
4. Therapeutics Development
5. Therapeutics Assessment
6. Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development
7. Dormant Projects
8. Discontinued Products
9. Product Development Milestones
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s85dn2/genetic