NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--KKR, a leading global investment firm, today released its 2016 Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) and Citizenship Update, providing a snapshot of related activities throughout the year. This is the Firm’s seventh report dedicated to discussing KKR’s responsible investment approach and progress. Since KKR’s founding 41 years ago, the Firm’s approach to investing has evolved to incorporate the thoughtful consideration of critical factors, including ESG issues, in the decision-making process and management of companies.
“In 2016 – a year of volatility and complexity – we remained focused on our investment model, dedicated to our one-firm culture, and committed to responsibly managing ESG issues in our investment decisions,” said Henry Kravis and George Roberts, Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs of KKR. “Our understanding of today’s ever-changing world, coupled with our commitment to be a responsible investor, provides us with a differentiated view – one that we believe will help us and our partners achieve continued success during the next 40 years and beyond.”
Highlights of 2016 activities covered in the report include:
- Introducing an Eco-Innovation Award for portfolio companies, in the spirit of innovation and value creation.
- Launching KKR 40 for 40, an employee-driven volunteer program, resulting in more than 6,600 hours of volunteer time by more than 550 employees. Video on the program is available here.
- Publishing KKR responses to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Limited Partners’ Responsible Investment Due Diligence Questionnaire.
- Continuing to collaborate with portfolio companies to improve their business performance in today’s dynamic world. A series of case studies can be explored here.
- Advancing the Firm’s commitment to wellness, diversity, and inclusion through a series of focused initiatives at offices around the world.
To download the full 2016 ESG and Citizenship Update or obtain more information about KKR's progress, visit www.kkresg.com.
For more on KKR’s Green Solutions Platform (GSP) and participating portfolio companies, visit www.green.kkr.com.
KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate, credit and, through its strategic partners, hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies. KKR invests its own capital alongside its partners' capital and provides financing solutions and investment opportunities through its capital markets business. References to KKR’s investments may include the activities of its sponsored funds. For additional information about KKR & Co. L.P. (NYSE: KKR), please visit KKR's website at www.kkr.com and on Twitter @KKR_Co.