CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fifth Third Bank today announced winners of the 2017 Fifth Third Scholarship Program. Since 2005, the Fifth Third Foundation has annually awarded one-time $2,500 scholarships to children of Fifth Third employees for study at a college or university. The Program has awarded 250 scholarships since its inception.
Chosen and administered by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, the Fifth Third Scholarship Program recognizes the academic achievements of the following students, listed with their employee parent:
National Merit Fifth Third Scholarship Recipients:
- Sophia M. Heller, daughter of Joseph A. Heller, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Elizabeth R. Johnson, daughter of Kirk A. Johnson, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Georgia K. McFarland, daughter of Keith L. McFarland, Dayton, Ohio.
- Dhruv Mohnot, son of Manish Mohnot, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- William H. Oyler, son of Kristen L. Henery, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Jessica M. Williams, daughter of Scott T. Williams, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Fifth Third Scholarship Recipients:
- Cortney O. Bezold, daughter of Christopher A. Bezold, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Alyssa C. Butterfield, daughter of Sandy Butterfield, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Victoria L. Dawson, daughter of Kenneth W. Dawson, Madisonville, Ohio.
- Bethany I. Fernandes, daughter of Colin Fernandes, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Taylor M. Gerlach, daughter of Scott C. Gerlach, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Samantha P. Heintschel, daughter of Eric W. Heintschel, Toledo, Ohio.
- Ryon E. Hinga, daughter of Cristine M. Boon Hinga, Zeeland, Michigan.
- Emily M. Jimison, daughter of Amy B. Jimison, Dublin, Ohio.
- Mackenzie A. Klatt, daughter of Daniel P. Klatt, Overland Park, Kansas.
- Samuel R. Lasley, son of Kimberly L. Lasley, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Bret A. Leupen, son of Jason K. Leupen, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Caitlin A. Morrissey, daughter of Randall L. Morrissey, Rolling Meadows, Illinois.
- Ryan W. Pearson, son of Lynne E. Pearson, Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- Rashmi D. Rege, daughter of Hemangi Kamat, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Brooke C. Schroeder, daughter of Jay W. Schroeder, Westerville, Ohio.
- Alexandra R. vonErden, daughter of Paul vonErden, Madisonville, Ohio.
- Maxwell J. Wilberding, son of Thale M. Wilberding, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Macie G. Woodward, daughter of William M. Woodward, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Fifth Third Bancorp President and CEO Greg D. Carmichael said, “I extend my sincere congratulations to these students. Our scholarship program enables Fifth Third to recognize and financially support the higher education of these deserving students and to give back to their parents, who are valued members of our employee family.”
“Education is a primary focus area of the Fifth Third Foundation and the Bank’s scholarship program has enabled us to contribute more than $500,000 to students and their families since the program’s inception,” said Heidi Jark, senior vice president and managing director of the Foundation Office at Fifth Third Bank. “I wish this latest class of scholars the best of luck and continued success as they begin college.”
The National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) is an independent not-for-profit organization. The National Merit Scholarship Program was designed to identify and honor exceptionally able high school students, and to provide a system of services for corporations, foundations and other organizations that wish to sponsor college undergraduate scholarships to students who interest them. All aspects of the selection of winners and the administration of their awards are handled by the NMSC.
Established in 1948, the Fifth Third Foundation was the first charitable foundation created by a financial institution. The Foundation supports worthy causes in the areas of health and human services, education, community development and the arts in the states where Fifth Third Bank operates.