SALISBURY, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Food Lion has launched a new mobile app to make grocery shopping, and saving, easier for customers across its 10-state footprint.
Shoppers can explore new ways to save with each feature, from the convenient digital MVP card, to digitized weekly ads. The Food Lion app includes an easier way to decide what's for dinner with a recipe finder and digital shopping lists. Customers can also load coupons to their MVP card. In an average month, Food Lion offers more than $250 worth of MVP Load to Card Coupons available through the mobile app and www.foodlion.com.
“With the launch of the Food Lion Mobile App, we strive to make it easy to shop while making it even easier to save,” said Deborah Sabo, Vice President of Marketing at Food Lion. “This convenient tool is packed with features to make customers' lives easier, including the ability to tell a shopper the exact aisle where products on their shopping list are located.”
Customers can enjoy many convenient features on the Food Lion Mobile app, including:
- Digital MVP Card – Cashiers can scan a customer's MVP card directly from their smartphone screen, ensuring it's always on hand at check-out
- Weekly Ads – Customers can easily access Food Lion's weekly ad in the palm of their hand, saving time and money with great deals and quickly adding sale items to shopping lists
- Coupons – Couponing has never been so easy as customers now have the ability to search, sort and load digital coupons to their MVP card with just a tap
- Shopping List – Customers can conveniently populate shopping lists by scanning items at home, browsing the weekly ad, coupons and recipes, and even view items by aisle in their preferred store
- Recipe Finder – Meal planning is made simple by scanning barcodes or searching for recipes based on ingredients on hand. Customers can also add ingredients to shopping lists and save favorites for later
- My Wallet – Keep track of savings to date and coupons loaded to your MVP card all in one place
iPhone and Android customers can download Food Lion's new mobile app for free in the App Store or Google Play Store. For more information, visit www.FoodLion.com/mobile.
About Food Lion
Food Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., since 1957, has more than 1,000 stores in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states and employs more than 63,000 associates. By leveraging its longstanding heritage of low prices and convenient locations, Food Lion is working to own the easiest full shop grocery experience in the Southeast, anchored by a strong commitment to affordability, freshness and the communities it serves. Through Food Lion Feeds, the company has committed to provide 500 million meals to individuals and families in need by the end of 2020. Food Lion is a company of Delhaize America, a U.S. division of Zaandam-based Royal Ahold Delhaize Group. For more information, visit www.foodlion.com.