CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Following the success of previous years, a group of interns from Boston’s most innovative technology companies will be reuniting in Boston’s Seaport District for the third-annual Summer Games: Battle of the Interns presented by Kronos Incorporated. Interns from the following Mass.-based technology organizations – Acquia, athenahealth, Cadence Design Systems, Epsilon, Kronos, LogMeIn, MathWorks, Monster, and Symbotic – will compete in the Summer Games: Battle of the Interns on Wednesday, Aug. 2 at The Lawn on D in Boston.
- The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns celebrates Massachusetts’ continued passion for innovation, education, and technology leadership. The games are also an opportunity to cultivate and encourage the workforce of the future by merging friendly competition with professional networking. Participating organizations will select up to 15 of their college interns and co-ops to battle in team-based activities that challenge their physical and mental strength.
- This year’s event will host more than 300 anticipated attendees and interns representing more than 50 different colleges and universities around the country. In addition to partaking in fun, engaging team-building games, competitors and spectators will have the opportunity to network with local technology professionals and business leaders.
- Same as previous years, the event will be concluded with an award ceremony recognizing the top three intern teams. The three winning teams will each select a charity that supports education and the next generation workforce to receive donations totaling $10,000 from The Summer Games.
- Tom Hopcroft, president and chief executive officer of The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC), the region’s leading technology association and the premier network for technology executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and policy leaders, will join the opening ceremonies. Stas Gayshan, managing director of the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) and founder of CIC Boston will also be present.
- The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns will commence Wednesday, Aug. 2 at The Lawn on D in Boston, with opening ceremonies beginning at 1:15 p.m. and games starting at 1:30 p.m.
David Almeda, chief people officer, Kronos
“Kronos is thrilled to continue the great tradition of hosting The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns. Our own Kronos internship program of nearly 100 interns continues to grow, fueling our company’s WorkInspired culture as they work across various departments in the company. While learning new skills at Kronos, our interns in turn teach us much through their innovative ideas and Kronos will remain a champion of internship programs and their importance. To further support this commitment, The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns provides a great opportunity for young talent to share their passion.”
Tom Hopcroft, president and chief executive officer, MassTLC
“MassTLC is proud to be back supporting The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns for our third consecutive year. The Battle of the Interns is an exciting day of competition, camaraderie, and team building among some of the brightest and most promising aspiring technology interns in the region. It’s a day to come together, celebrate, and have fun. And, importantly, it’s a day to showcase the vitality of our technology ecosystem and inspire tomorrow’s leaders who will define the future of Boston as a technology hub. We thank Kronos and all the participating companies for making this day possible!”
- Visit The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns website.
- Follow the competition and join the conversation online at #InternBattle.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Use our Snapchat Geofilter at The Lawn on D Aug. 2.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns
The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns celebrates Massachusetts’ passion for innovation, education, and technology leadership. Kronos founded The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns in 2015, born out of the company’s commitment to inspiring the next-generation workforce. The event brings together top tech talent for The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns – a friendly competition of brains and brawn presented by Kronos in partnership with MassTLC.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.