DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kosmos Energy (NYSE: KOS) announced today the publication of its fifth annual Corporate Responsibility Report. The report reviews the company’s safety, environmental, and social performance and illustrates Kosmos’ commitment to transparency and its dedication to operating in accordance with its Business Principles.
By disclosing performance data, payments made to host governments, and real-life examples from Kosmos’ operations around the world, the report marks the company’s progress in promoting safety, environmental sustainability, human rights, and stakeholder engagement.
Key initiatives described in the report include:
- Disclosing payments made to host governments in aggregate and at the project level. Kosmos believes this type of disclosure is beneficial to civil society, local communities, and investors, and reflects evolving international expectations. It complements Kosmos’ existing practice of making its petroleum contracts publicly available on the company’s website.
- Creating the Kosmos Innovation Center, an exciting initiative that mentors young entrepreneurs in Ghana and helps them start and scale small businesses focused on addressing under-served needs in agriculture. The program provides seed funding and technical assistance to winners of the annual AgriTech Challenge competition.
- Facilitating workshops for government agencies, parliamentarians, civil society organizations, and media outlets to promote good governance and transparency in Senegal’s oil and gas sector.
- Investing in a multi-year program to improve the safety culture at Natuurtechnisch Instituut, a technical school in Paramaribo, Suriname that serves approximately 2,500 students.
- Deepening cross-cultural understanding in the United States by sponsoring The Keir Collection of Islamic Art Gallery, an internationally acclaimed exhibition at the Dallas Museum of Art that preserves and protects treasures of the past while promoting new scholarship aimed at expanding collective knowledge of the Islamic World.
More information about the 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report, the company’s Business Principles, and Kosmos’ commitment to being a force for good can be found at www.kosmosenergy.com.
About Kosmos Energy
Kosmos is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company focused on frontier and emerging areas along the Atlantic Margin. Our assets include existing production and development projects offshore Ghana, large discoveries offshore Mauritania and Senegal, as well as exploration licenses with significant hydrocarbon potential offshore Sao Tome and Principe, Suriname, Morocco and Western Sahara. As an ethical and transparent company, Kosmos is committed to doing things the right way. The Company’s Business Principles articulate our commitment to transparency, ethics, human rights, safety and the environment. Read more about this commitment in the Kosmos 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report. Kosmos is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is traded under the ticker symbol KOS. For additional information, visit www.kosmosenergy.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included in this press release that address activities, events or developments that Kosmos expects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Kosmos’ estimates and forward-looking statements are mainly based on its current expectations and estimates of future events and trends, which affect or may affect its businesses and operations. Although Kosmos believes that these estimates and forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, they are subject to several risks and uncertainties and are made in light of information currently available to Kosmos. When used in this press release, the words “anticipate,” “believe,” “intend,” “expect,” “plan,” “will” or other similar words are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to a number of assumptions, risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the control of Kosmos, which may cause actual results to differ materially from those implied or expressed by the forward-looking statements. Further information on such assumptions, risks and uncertainties is available in Kosmos’ Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filings. Kosmos undertakes no obligation and does not intend to update or correct these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release, except as required by applicable law. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement.