BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODP), a leading provider of office products, services, and solutions, is “Taking Care of Back-to-School,” for parents, students and teachers with stylish, on-trend accessories; core essentials and the latest technology shoppers need. Combined with remarkable savings, a new loyalty rewards program and the ability to shop when and where they want, Office Depot and OfficeMax shoppers will be fully prepared for a successful school year.
“We’ve seen personalization sweep across the fashion industry, so we’re bringing that trend to school supplies,” said Petter Knutrud, senior vice president for Office Depot, Inc. “To add extra flair to notebooks, composition books and backpacks, students can personalize their supplies with a wide assortment of tassels, pom-poms, stickers, charms and more.”
Another trend shoppers will take advantage of this back-to-school season is shopping for supplies online – e-commerce is expected to grow nearly 15 percent, according to eMarketer. Office Depot’s omni-channel options make it simple for customers to shop online at officedepot.com/school from any device or location, and decide whether to have supplies delivered directly to their front door, or use the convenient buy online, pick up in-store program. Free in-store pick up lets shoppers get their items approximately one hour after the order is placed to save even more time in their busy schedules.
“Shopping at Office Depot and OfficeMax is more simple now than ever,” said Knutrud. “With our omni-channel options, customers can choose the method of shopping that works best for them – whether in-store, online or a combination of both, to fit their busy schedules and get all the supplies they need at great prices to start a successful school year.”
Take Care of Learning in Style
- Exclusive Divoga® fashion collections: Gone Global, Modern Minimal and Happy Thoughts collections feature trendy binders, pencil pouches, folders and more. Gone Global draws from a variety of cultures around the world with a splash of tropical glam in the form of palm fronds; Modern Minimal uses a unique blend of vintage and contemporary styles, such as subtle rose gold accents with eye-catching geometric designs; and Happy Thoughts features fun designs for a younger student, such as skateboarding dogs, ice cream cones and bananas.
- Durable, Cool Backpacks: Quality backpacks are a necessity to make it through the school year, and brands like SwissGear® and High Sierra® feature bold colors and fashionable patterns for students of all ages – from grade-school to college. Starting July 17, all backpacks are 30 percent off.
- TUL® for School: TUL combines high-quality materials and advanced technologies to create top-performing products that are perfect for back-to-school, including TUL Brights gel pens, new TUL mechanical pencils and the TUL® Student Note-taking System that allows students to tailor their notebooks to their organizational needs with accessories such as divider tabs and calendar inserts.
Take Care of Tech for Students
From the student-by-day, gamer-by-night looking for a powerful laptop, to the on-the-go over-achiever looking for a versatile 2-in-1, Office Depot also has all the latest technology:
- The HP Power Pavilion 15.6” Gaming Laptop features the latest quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce graphics, along with 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive.
- The Lenovo Flex 5 is one of the first models to hit the market featuring the all-new Windows Ink technology and is a 15.6” 2-in-1 touch screen laptop with an Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive.
Take Care of Back-to-School Budgets
- Rewards on Everything: Earlier this month, Office Depot launched the updated “Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything” loyalty program to give members even more savings with 2 percent back on all purchases. As a member, the more you spend, the more you get back and save.
- Put Spare Change to Good Use: Throughout the back-to-school season, shoppers can find great savings with weekly penny deals at Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. Must-have items, such as folders, notebooks and pencils, will be available at prices starting as low as one cent with a $5 minimum purchase.
- Go Shopping and Give Back: Parents, students and teachers can feel good about back-to-school shopping by simultaneously supporting their local schools with Office Depot’s Give Back to Schools program, which gives 5 percent in credits to local schools on qualifying purchases when shoppers provide their school ID number.
- Savings on Recycling: Savvy shoppers can take $2 off the purchase of a new binder when they bring in an old one to recycle.1
Please click here to view the Office Depot 2017 exclusive Divoga® back-to-school fashion collections.
Customers can shop in confidence at Office Depot and get unbeatable savings on all the school supplies they need, backed by our Price Match Guarantee.
For more details on how to “take care of back-to-school,” visit an Office Depot or OfficeMax retail location near you or find us online at officedepot.com/school.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.
The company had 2016 annual sales of approximately $11 billion, employed approximately 38,000 associates, and served consumers and businesses in North America and abroad with approximately 1,400 retail stores, award-winning e-commerce sites and a dedicated business-to-business sales organization – with a global network of wholly owned operations, franchisees, licensees and alliance partners. The company operates under several banner brands including Office Depot, OfficeMax and Grand & Toy. The company’s portfolio of exclusive product brands include TUL, Foray, Brenton Studio, Ativa, WorkPro, Realspace and Highmark.
Office Depot, Inc.’s common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “ODP.”
Office Depot is a trademark of The Office Club, Inc. OfficeMax is a trademark of OMX, Inc. ©2017 Office Depot, Inc. All rights reserved. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Discount applies only to binders purchased and will not be applied to any free binders with a purchase. Multipacks count as 1. Limit 6 discounts per household/business.