Russia maintained the fourth biggest and one of the quickest growing online retail markets in Europe according to results from 2016 cited in the report. B2C E-Commerce sales from last year made for a double-digit growth rate after having recovered from a weaker development in sales in 2015. Increases to Internet and online shopper penetration rates furthered this growth, along with a stronger tendency to purchase online and higher prices amongst online and offline retail. Estimations for 2017 are positive, driven by factors such as mobile and cross-border commerce, younger consumers' openness to digital purchasing, and new consumers stemming from rural areas.
More than half of digital buyers in Russia were under 35 in 2016. Online shopper penetration is highest amongst major cities, whereas rural areas lag behind. Out of the whole population, fewer than one-quarter of consumers purchased online in 2016, leaving only a one-digit share of retail sales coming from digital commerce, showcasing the vast room left for future development.
M-Commerce and cross-border purchasing is gaining popularity in Russia. Over half of Internet users accessed the Internet with a mobile phone in 2016, with many of them having used these devices to both research and make purchases. In particular, Chinese E-Commerce platform, AliExpress, is of high value to digital consumers in Russia due to its vast product range and lower prices. Nonetheless, local E-Commerce leaders like Wildberries, Lamoda, Eldorado, and Mvideo maintained a sales growth rate ranking above the market average.
Key Questions Answered
- What was the B2C E-Commerce sales growth in Russia in 2016 and what are the projections for 2017?
- Which important recent regulatory changes could influence the development of Russia's ECommerce in 2017?
- How are the mobile and cross-border online shopping trends evolving?
- What product categories, payment and delivery methods are preferred by Russia's online shoppers?
- What were the top 20 online shops in Russia by 2016 sales?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
4. Sales & Shares
5. Internet Users & Online Shoppers
- Alibaba Group
- Ozon Holdings Ltd
- Sberbank Rossii PAO
- Ulmart ZAO
- Wildberries OOO
- X5 Retail Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d43dts/russia_b2c