SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Williams Sonoma, a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE: WSM) portfolio of brands, is announcing a new product collaboration with Chef Giada De Laurentiis. Launching online today on williams-sonoma.com, in catalogs on July 18th and at Williams Sonoma stores nationwide on July 21st, the exclusive assortment of pasta sauces, seasonings and chef’s tools created by Giada were inspired by her Italian heritage and approachable cooking style. The new collection enables customers to experience the modern Italian cuisine of the beloved Food Network star and best-selling cookbook author.
“For more than a decade, Giada has shared her love for Italian cooking through her shows, cookbooks and restaurants, all the while making it fun, easy and accessible for everyone. Her approachable recipes and technique have been a source of an inspiration to cooks across the nation, and for that reason we could not have found a better partner,” said Janet Hayes, president of Williams Sonoma. “With the new collection, customers will have premium ingredients and tools to re-create Giada’s favorite authentic dishes at home.”
Giada commented, “Italians put a lot of love into the food they cook which is why I’m so excited to bring that same experience to people in a way that’s accessible to everyone, no matter where you are. In creating this line with Williams Sonoma, my goal was always to make life easier for people—busy moms like myself, people who want to put a home-cooked meal on the table for their families but don’t always have the time to do it from scratch. Now, you can open a jar of pasta sauce or one of my spice rubs and take some of the work out while still feeling confident you’re feeding your family something really special.”
Crafted using Giada’s personal recipes, the food collection makes it easy for customers to prepare and enjoy her signature dishes. The collection features five premium pasta sauces that pair perfectly with both homemade and dried pastas, as well as elevated seasonings and rubs for grilling, sautéing and roasting meat and vegetables.
- Parmesan Pomodoro Pasta Sauce: A classic pasta sauce that showcases a combo of sweet, ripe cherry tomatoes and rich, nutty Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese seasoned with savory garlic and fresh basil.
- Vegetable Bolognese Pasta Sauce: A hearty pasta sauce that blends mushrooms, sweet red peppers, carrots and onions simmered in red wine, tomatoes, garlic and herbs, then finished with creamy mascarpone cheese.
- Calabrian Chile Pomodoro Pasta Sauce: A spicy pasta sauce that combines plump San Marzano tomatoes with fruity Calabrian chile peppers, gently simmered with garlic, onion, basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Butternut Squash Basil Pasta Sauce: A creamy golden pasta sauce that combines autumn's best butternut squash with fragrant basil leaves and a hint of grated nutmeg.
- Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Sauce: An autumn-inspired pasta sauce featuring a velvety blend of sweet pumpkin, fresh cream and bright lemon highlighted by shallots, garlic and rich, nutty Parmesan cheese.
- Meatball Seasonings: A classic combo of garlic, oregano and lemon zest – plus crushed red chiles for a spicy kick. For the ultimate meatballs, just mix the seasonings with your favorite ground meat, then shape and cook as usual.
- Cacciatore Rub: A fragrant blend of smoked paprika, onion, oregano and fennel seeds. This rub is the perfect partner for chicken, pork loin or vegetables.
- Chicken and Turkey Rub: A savory-sweet rub featuring a classic combo of brown sugar and Dijon mustard, highlighted by garlic, cumin, oregano and allspice. This blend is the perfect partner for chicken and turkey.
- Red Pepper Steak Rub: our vibrant seasoning blend combines lemon zest and aromatic coriander seeds with spicy red chiles for a touch of peppery heat. For a flavorful, Mediterranean-style steak.
As a part of the product offering, Giada collaborated with Williams Sonoma to design the ideal pasta tools for preparing and serving pasta meals. Each tool is made of durable stainless steel with contoured beech wood handles and embossed with Giada’s autograph. The collection features high-quality tools for making fresh raviolis, serving pasta and grating cheese.
- Round and Square Ravioli Stamps: Great for making Giada’s signature ravioli, these traditional stamps are inspired by the ones used in kitchens all across Italy. Use them to cut and seal homemade ravioli with one quick, easy motion.
- Pasta Fork: Count on this classic tool for preparing and serving her famous pasta dishes. Use it to stir long strands of pasta during cooking, then drain and remove cooked pasta straight from the pot. The fork is also great for serving up hearty portions.
- Pasta Rake: Use this traditional tool for tossing your favorite pastas with savory sauces and serving up hearty portions at the table. Slim stainless-steel tines help distribute sauces evenly and make serving a breeze.
- Wood Handled Conical Grater: Use this efficient conical tool to finish pastas, salads and other regional classics the way Giada does – with a sprinkling of freshly grated cheese. It's designed especially for grating Parmigiano-Reggiano and other hard cheeses, in the kitchen and at the table.
Giada’s Collection will be available at all Williams Sonoma retail locations in the U.S. and at williams-sonoma.com. Prices range from $9.95-$24.95.
In celebration of the launch, a series of events will take place across the U.S.:
- July 19th, from 7-8pm, “Giada’s Pasta Pop Up” launch event, pasta tasting and personal appearance with Giada De Laurentiis at Williams Sonoma Columbus Circle in New York. RSVP for this complimentary event open to the public by visiting: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/meet-giada-de-laurentiis-and-shop-her-new-collection-at-williams-sonoma-columbus-circle-tickets-35583619564
- July 30th, “Giada’s Pasta Pop Up” Ravioli Technique Class in all Williams Sonoma stores. $30 per person includes a tool from Giada’s new collection. Class is taught by a Williams Sonoma Culinary Specialist. Call or visit your local store to sign up today.
- August 13th, “Giada’s Pasta Pop Up” Homemade Pasta Technique Class in all Williams Sonoma stores. $30 per person includes a jar of Giada’s new pasta sauce! Class is taught by a Williams Sonoma Culinary Specialist. Call or visit your local store to sign up today.
In addition to product, the partnership includes exclusive online content, such as a video of making fresh ravioli, stories about the inspiration behind the collection and an article on Giada’s pasta rules.
To learn more about the collection and events, please visit: www.williams-sonoma.com/giada
ABOUT WILLIAMS SONOMA
Since its founding by Chuck Williams in 1956, the Williams Sonoma brand has been bringing people together around food. A member of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE: WSM) portfolio of brands, Williams Sonoma is a leading specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home, providing world-class service and an engaging customer experience. Products include cookware, cooks’ tools, cutlery, electrics, bakeware, food, tabletop and bar, outdoor, cookbooks, as well as furniture, lighting and decorative accessories. Each store offers cooking classes and tastings conducted by expert culinary staff. A comprehensive gift registry program for weddings and other special events is available in stores and online. On williams-sonoma.com and the Williams Sonoma blog, Taste, customers can find recipes, tips, and techniques that help them create delicious meals and wonderful memories. Williams Sonoma is a proud supporter of No Kid Hungry, a nonprofit dedicated to ending childhood hunger in America. Follow Williams Sonoma on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and YouTube.
ABOUT GIADA DE LAURENTIIS
Giada De Laurentiis is the Emmy Award-winning star of Food Network's Giada Entertains, Giada in Italy, Giada at Home and Giada’s Holiday Handbook; a judge on Food Network Star; a contributing correspondent for NBC's Today show; and the author of eight New York Times bestselling books. She attended the Cordon Bleu cooking school in Paris and worked at Wolfgang Puck's Spago restaurant before starting her own catering company, GDL Foods. Born in Rome, she grew up in Los Angeles, where she now lives with her daughter, Jade.