DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Skeletal Disease Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017" report to their offering.
This report provides an overview of the skeletal disease pipeline landscape. The report provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for osteoporosis, post-menopausal osteoporosis and osteoarthritis (OA).
OA is one of the most common forms of arthritis. It is a chronic condition in which the cartilage breaks down. There are a total of 116 products in development for this indication, by 87 companies and 8 academic institutions. Key companies operating in this pipeline space include Arcarios, Nordic Bioscience, Rottapharm Biotech and the University of Toledo.
Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, makes bones weak and more likely to break. Risk factors for osteoporosis include aging, being female, low body weight, low sex hormones or menopause, smoking, and some medications. There are a total of 112 products in development for this indication, by 80 companies and 16 academic institutions. Key companies operating in this pipeline space include Max Biopharma, Omeros, Affilogic laboratories, Amgen and the University of Wisconsin Madison.
Postmenopausal osteoporosis is the most common form of osteoporosis. It affects many women after menopause. There are a total of 13 products in development for this indication, by ten companies. Key companies operating in this pipeline space include Amgen and Ipsen.
The predominant targets within OA are prostaglandin G/H synthases 1 and 2, although a wide range of targets, including extracellular matrix-organizing proteins and interleukins, are being studied. Likewise, within both osteoporosis and the post-menopausal subtype, a broad range of molecular targets are being studied. The targets being most frequently studied are the parathyroid hormone receptor, tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 11 and sclerostin.
- Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for osteoporosis and OA therapeutics?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in the field of osteoporosis and OA therapeutics?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Report Guidance
2. Executive Summary
4. Skeletal Disease Report Coverage
5. Therapeutics Development
6. Therapeutics Assessment
7. Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development
8. Dormant Projects
9. Discontinued Products
10. Product Development Milestones
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l3jqbz/skeletal_disease