CHELMSFORD, Mass. & INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Since first opening its doors in 2012, the Kronos Indianapolis Technology Center of Excellence – driven primarily by Hoosier tech talent – has played a vital role in the exceptional growth of Kronos Incorporated, a $1.2 billion leader of workforce management and human capital management (HCM) solutions in the cloud.
Indianapolis Technology Center of Excellence drives innovation and
Kronos Cloud growth as a key hub for professional services and
- In the five years since opening the Indianapolis Technology Center of Excellence, Kronos has created more than 250 jobs in Indiana – including the June 2017 class of 23 new hires, of which 22 came directly from Indiana colleges and universities.
- The Kronos Indianapolis office continues to drive revenue from professional services and customer support engagements as Indy Kronites work well in a collaborative, agile environment that has enabled Kronos to pilot a number of innovative process improvements across the company’s cloud services offerings, including Kronos Paragon.
- Indianapolis is also home to the Kronos Workforce Ready cloud solutions team, and has contributed to the surge in the company’s HCM success, as Workforce Ready is expected to generate more than $100 million in recurring revenue in Fiscal 2017.
Kronos developing the next generation of Indianapolis technology
- Kronos, headquartered in Massachusetts, has tapped into the local pipeline of exceptional Indiana tech talent by hiring hundreds of graduates directly out of leading Indiana colleges and universities, including Ball State University, Butler University, Indiana University, Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), and Purdue University.
- In addition to the June 2017 class of new hires, Kronos intends to hire a similar-sized class within the next year, putting each new Kronite through an extensive 12-week onboarding program that provides the tools, resources, and skills needed to prepare the next generation of cloud services leaders.
- With more than $5 million spent on building its Indianapolis Technology Center of Excellence, the innovative office environment at PNC Tower in downtown Indianapolis was designed to foster collaboration and creative thinking with open spaces, areas to connect with colleagues, and an abundance of natural light. In 2017, Spaces Indiana highlighted the Kronos Indy office as one of the region’s most innovative workspaces.
Kronos is entrenched in the Indianapolis community and has deepened
its relationship with local universities via TechPoint’s Xtern program.
- Beyond the extensive university relationships Kronos has developed to help keep exceptional tech talent in Indiana, the company launched its relationship with TechPoint in 2016 by participating in the Xtern program as one of several leading technology companies pairing college students from 78 universities with summer internships.
- As one of Fortune’s top 20 “Best Workplaces for Giving Back” in the U.S., the Kronos GiveInspired spirit is strong in Indiana, as Indy Kronites actively participate in several charitable initiatives aimed at inspiring the next generation workforce, including working with organizations such as Adopt-a-Classroom, Christel House Academy, Indianapolis Lighthouse College Prep Academy, and its ongoing relationship with Indianapolis Public Schools.
- Kronos workforce management and HCM solutions are used by hundreds of Indiana-headquartered organizations, including Indianapolis Fire Department, Indianapolis Department of Public Works, Dora Hotel Company, DeKalb Memorial Hospital, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the Indy 500.
Joe Hogsett, mayor, City of Indianapolis
“Kronos was one of the first global tech companies who saw Indianapolis’ potential as a hub for innovation and established a local presence. Their continued growth here speaks to the incredible strength of our talent pool as well as the visionary leadership of CEO Aron Ain and others, who have tapped into our city’s resources and invested in the next generation of tech leaders. This year marks the fifth anniversary of Kronos calling Indianapolis home – a milestone worth celebrating – but we are already looking forward to their next chapter within our city.”
Mike Langellier, president and CEO, TechPoint
“Kronos is yet another great, global company that has cemented its flag in our circle city, is having tremendous success finding talent, and is contributing to this emerging tech hub for which we are gaining national recognition. As these companies grow, our community grows with them. I look forward to seeing what’s to come with Kronos in the years ahead.”
Chris Todd, senior vice president of operations and chief services
“Five years ago Kronos firmly planted its flag in Indianapolis for several reasons, which was led by the region’s exceptional technology talent pipeline fed by some of the country’s best colleges and universities. Indy has more than lived up to our expectations as a great place to do business, and today is known as one of the top tech hubs in the U.S. Kronos remains committed to doing our part to recruit, develop, and cultivate young tech professionals to keep Hoosier talent in the state and provide opportunities for them to thrive.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.