PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zoës Kitchen (NYSE: ZOES), a fast-casual Mediterranean restaurant group, launches today its largest new menu rollout in eight years with the addition of a new appetizer, two new protein options (lamb kafta and harissa salmon), three new pita sandwiches, three new bowls, and four new sauces.
“We are thrilled about these additions to our menu, as they really highlight the diverse flavor profiles of the various countries of the Mediterranean,” said Kevin Miles, CEO and President at Zoës Kitchen. “While we serve food with fresh, better-for-you ingredients, we also aim to offer craveable meals that keep guests coming back again and again. The new items tested well with our guests who were excited to taste new ingredients like cauliflower rice and lamb kafta, as well as the four sauces that can be added to our best-selling kabobs to give them a new twist and extra level of flavor. This new menu launch is part of our culinary innovation vision to evolve our menu to eventually include ingredients that represent all the 21 countries of the Mediterranean.”
NEW Sauces: Guests can pair their favorite kabob with one of
the new bold, fresh Mediterranean sauces.
- Greek Tzatziki – creamy yogurt sauce with onions, cucumbers, garlic, mint and dill. Vegetarian and gluten-free. Pairs well with Shrimp Kabobs.
- Italian Salsa Verde – fresh herb sauce highlighting Calabrian peppers, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar. Vegan and gluten-free. Pairs well with Steak Kabobs and Veggie Kabobs.
- Israeli Skhug – bright, citrusy sauce featuring spicy green peppers, cilantro, lemon, extra-virgin olive oil and Mediterranean spices. Vegan and gluten-free. Pairs well with Chicken Kabobs.
- Moroccan Harissa – zesty red pepper sauce with subtle notes of sweet tomato and Mediterranean spices. Vegan and gluten-free. Pairs well with Salmon Kabobs.
NEW Appetizer: A starter that contains lots of flavor from
southern Mediterranean spices without utilizing dairy or gluten
- Mediterranean Lamb Kafta – three lamb and beef meatballs served over house-made tzatziki and cucumbers, topped with Moroccan harissa and fresh dill.
NEW Bowls: Guests can build their own bowl that’s rich in
protein and fiber by choosing their base and featured protein (Lamb,
Harissa Salmon or Mediterranean Chicken).
- Cauliflower Rice Bowl – cauliflower rice with house-made tzatziki, Israeli skhug, feta, cucumbers and fresh dill. Vegetarian and gluten-free.
- Power Grain Bowl – lentils, quinoa, farro and rice with house-made tzatziki, Moroccan harissa, Mediterranean relish, cucumbers and fresh dill. Vegetarian option available.
- Mediterranean Salad Trio Bowl – trio of pesto farro, zesty quinoa and orzo “tabouli” salads with house-made tzatziki, Italian salsa verde, feta, cucumbers and fresh dill. Vegetarian option available.
NEW Pita Sandwiches: Features a craft-style pita bread with
flavors that are enhanced by oils, spices and herbs in addition to a
premium-grade Greek yogurt.
- Harissa Salmon Pita – pita topped with harissa-marinated salmon, house-made tzatziki, Moroccan harissa, Mediterranean relish, cabbage, feta and fresh dill.
- Rustic Lamb Pita – pita topped with lamb and beef meatballs, house-made tzatziki, Italian salsa verde, Mediterranean relish, cabbage, feta and fresh dill.
- Greek Chicken Pita – pita topped with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, house-made tzatziki, caramelized onions and feta.
These new items are also available for catering and include both vegetarian and gluten-free options, providing guests with additional fresh choices for business or social occasions.
About Zoës Kitchen
Founded in 1995, Zoës Kitchen is a fast-casual restaurant group serving a distinct menu of made-from-scratch, Mediterranean-inspired dishes delivered with warm hospitality. With no microwaves, or fryers, grilling is the predominate method of cooking along with an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh herbs, olive oil and lean proteins. With 224 locations in 20 states across the United States, Zoës Kitchen delivers goodness to its guests by sharing simple, tasty and fresh Mediterranean meals that inspire guests to lead a balanced lifestyle and feel their best from the inside out. For more information, please visit www.zoeskitchen.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or follow #livemediterranean.