SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software, today announced that Sylvan Learning, a global franchise organization focused on personalized instruction and tutoring, is using Cornerstone to facilitate training and social collaboration across its more than 750 franchise and corporate-owned locations worldwide.
In the business of learning for more than 35 years, Sylvan helps tens of thousands of children each year gain confidence and build critical skills with personalized instruction in mathematics, reading, writing, science, technology, engineering, study skills and college test preparation. As a growing organization, with more franchisees opening learning centers in new markets across the world, Sylvan needed a state-of-the-art learning management system (LMS) to streamline employee training across locations while continuing to provide stellar education support systems for the students it serves.
Sylvan began the search for a new LMS that could deliver collaborative, interactive, community-based learning across all of its locations, and signed on with Cornerstone in 2012. With Cornerstone’s products for learning and development and social collaboration, Sylvan has fully transformed its approach to training to meet the evolving needs of its employees. Since implementing Cornerstone, Sylvan has:
- Created community across more than 750 retail locations. Prior to Cornerstone, Sylvan’s internal training structure was not conducive to cross-location collaboration. Using Cornerstone, the organization has created a sense of togetherness within Sylvan through learning communities, discussion boards and other social collaboration tools. Employees are now able to share best practices, ask questions and connect with their peers, no matter their location.
- Standardized and improved effectiveness of training. Sylvan’s previous LMS couldn’t sufficiently facilitate the standardization of training across franchises. With Cornerstone, Sylvan can now provide the same certification trainings and learning paths to all employees, which has increased the overall effectiveness of the company’s training initiatives. Additionally, with Cornerstone, Sylvan has changed the duration of its learning courses to span several weeks, versus having employees spend 48 hours in a classroom. This has proved to be far more beneficial for employees, who can now put their new skills immediately to practice on the job.
- Increased customer conversion rates, and saved time and money. Previously, Sylvan relied on multi-day, onsite workshops that were costly and took staff away from the centers. Cornerstone has enabled Sylvan to deliver the same training and discussion opportunities via virtual classrooms, saving time and money. With the launch of its Sales Certification via Cornerstone, Sylvan has also seen an uptick in customer conversions and increased revenue.
Comments on the News
“Learning is not only in our name, it’s in our culture. Sylvan Learning has always been committed to providing quality and personal instruction for the students we serve, but we realized that our internal training system didn’t provide our geographically dispersed workforce with the resources they needed to be most efficient and effective in their jobs,” said Sherri Vaughn, director of Sylvan University. “With Cornerstone, we’ve modernized and standardized our training across our corporate and franchise locations, leading to a more confident team of employees, more satisfied and engaged franchisee partners, and better business results.”
“While Sylvan Learning’s unique franchise structure has helped it to expand across global markets, there was division between locations that hindered the company from providing a consistent experience. Over the past few years, it’s been remarkable to see how the organization has transformed its learning and development program with Cornerstone,” said Kirsten Helvey, chief operating officer for Cornerstone OnDemand. “Together, we’ve helped them to foster a sense of community within the organization, resulting in a better overall experience for all its stakeholders – from franchisees to employees, and the students they tutor.”
- To learn more about Cornerstone’s learning suite, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.com/learning.
- For more information about Sylvan Learning’s success using Cornerstone, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.com/clients/sylvan-learning.
About Sylvan Learning
With more than 35 years of experience and more than 750 locations throughout North America, Sylvan Learning is the leading provider of personal learning for students in grades K-12. Sylvan is transforming how students learn, inspiring them to succeed in school and in life. Sylvan’s proven tutoring approach blends amazing teachers with SylvanSync™ technology on the iPad® for an engaging learning experience. Sylvan also leads the way with Sylvan EDGE—STEM and accelerated courses and Sylvan Prep — college and test prep courses. Sylvan supports families through every stage of the academic journey. For more information, visit www.SylvanLearning.com or www.SylvanLearning.com/blog.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) is a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software. The company is pioneering solutions to help organizations realize the potential of the modern workforce. From recruitment, onboarding, training and collaboration, to performance management, compensation, succession planning, people administration and analytics, Cornerstone is designed to enable a lifetime of learning and development that is fundamental to the growth of employees and organizations.
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by nearly 3,000 clients worldwide, spanning more than 31 million users across 191 countries and 43 languages. To learn more about Cornerstone, visit us on Twitter, Facebook and our blog. www.cornerstoneondemand.com.
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand Inc.