NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ICR, a top-five ranked public relations firm, is pleased to announce that it won the Public Relations Society of America-New York’s (“PRSA-NY”) prestigious 2017 Big Apple Award for Reputation and Brand Management: “Campaigns with Budgets of $150,000 or Less” for the corporate communications campaign it designed and executed for U.S. Concrete, Inc. (NASDAQ: USCR), a leading national producer of ready-mixed concrete.
“This award reflects the breadth of knowledge that permeates throughout our firm and our commitment to excellence, which are key reasons clients chose to partner with us,” said Tom Ryan, Chief Executive Officer of ICR. “What differentiates ICR is our inherent ability to bring substantial value to our clients by leveraging our deep understanding of the 20 diverse sectors in which we specialize and our strong media relationships to raise awareness and support for their strategy, brand and management teams. I’m very proud of our building materials team for the tremendous results they have delivered – and continue to deliver – for U.S. Concrete.”
In total, more than one billion impressions were garnered as a result of the media campaign ICR designed and executed for U.S. Concrete over the course of 2016, with its share of voice surging nearly 87 percent over 2015 levels. Among the many highlights of the 2016 campaign included:
- Appearances for Chief Executive Officer Bill Sandbrook on CNBC’s Mad Money with Jim Cramer and Squawk on the Street; FOX Business’ Making Money with Charles Payne; Yahoo! Finance TV; TheStreet.com TV;
- Company/executive features in prominent business and financial publications including: Bloomberg; Bloomberg BNA; CNBC; Financial Times; CNN Money; Forbes; The Fiscal Times; Investor's Business Daily; U.S. News & World Report; The Street; Investopedia; Equities;
- Company/executive features in prominent leadership publications including: Inc.; Chief Executive Magazine; Forbes; D CEO; LEADERS Magazine; SmartBrief; U.S. Veteran's Magazine;
- Company/executive features in prominent regional publications including: Crain's New York Business; Commercial Observer; Dallas Business Journal; Allentown Morning Call; Lehigh Valley Business Journal;
- Company ranking among the best performers in Investor’s Business Daily 50, reaching the number one position in March 2016; and
- Mr. Sandbrook being named to D CEO’s Dallas 500 and one of Trust Across America’s 2017 Top Thought Leaders in Trust.
“We are very proud of our partnership with U.S. Concrete and the value we have created for them,” said Phil Denning, Partner at ICR and head of its building materials team. “We are honored that PRSA-NY recognized our efforts and bestowed upon us the Big Apple Award. We look forward to competing again next year given the high number of impressions we have already generated for the Company in 2017 with multiple appearances on Mad Money, Morning’s with Maria, Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and more.”
"Our excellent partnership with ICR has generated tremendous attention through top-tier media regarding our company's performance and growth opportunities including the U.S. infrastructure rebuild,” said Jody Tusa, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of U.S. Concrete. “I give them an A+ for their media contacts, preparation and orchestration of our campaign. They have helped us achieve a higher profile, a major objective of the company."
Established in 1998, ICR partners with companies to optimize transactions and execute strategic communications programs that achieve business goals, build credibility and enhance long-term enterprise value. The firm’s highly differentiated service model, which pairs capital markets veterans with senior communications professionals, brings deep sector knowledge and relationships to more than 500 clients in approximately 20 industries. Today, ICR is one of the largest and most experienced independent communications and advisory firms in North America maintaining offices in New York, Norwalk, Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Hong Kong and Beijing. Learn more at www.icrinc.com. Follow us on Twitter at @ICRPR.
About the Big Apple Awards
PRSA-NY established the Big Apple Awards in 1987 to celebrate excellence in public relations. Widely regarded as one of the industry’s most prestigious accolades, the Big Apple Awards honor innovative and strategic PR campaigns and projects.
The Public Relations Society of America, New York City chapter is the industry go-to organization for knowledge and networking for communications professionals in the New York metro area. Established in 1947, PRSA-NY is one of the founding chapters of the Public Relations Society of America, the world’s largest professional organization for public relations practitioners, and the third largest PRSA local chapter in the U.S. It serves the interests of public relations professionals working in business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations. Chapter board and committee members are volunteer public relations professionals who work in the New York metropolitan area. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.