SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Datos IO™, the application-centric cloud data management company, today announced that Suresh Vasudevan, the former CEO and president of Nimble Storage has joined the company’s board of directors. Vasudevan has an enviable track record at some of the world’s leading storage and data management companies and will play a critical role in helping Datos IO scale to meet the exploding demand for its cloud backup and recovery solutions. He will work closely with Tarun Thakur, CEO and co-founder of Datos IO, and the rest of the board to scale and position the company for rapid growth.
“Suresh is an industry giant and his decision to join the Datos IO Board of Directors is an enormous validation of our market opportunity, our significant traction with Fortune 500 customers and our vision to pioneer cloud data management with a ground-breaking elastic data management control plane that allows organizations to directly backup data to the cloud,” said Tarun Thakur, CEO and co-founder of Datos IO. “Suresh’s rich experience in leading product strategy and operations in over a decade at NetApp and building Nimble Storage from an early stage startup to a market-defining company with a successful IPO is exactly what we need to help guide us through the next phase of our company evolution and growth.”
Vasudevan’s decision to join the Datos IO board extends the company’s significant momentum. Recent highlights include:
- Gartner listed Datos IO in the newly defined Cloud Data Backup category in the 2016 Hype Cycle of Storage Technologies. The report1 states, “Backup of data generated natively in public clouds is an emerging requirement as more and more organizations realize that cloud providers are not responsible for data loss, even when data is generated in the cloud.”
- Datos IO continues to experience massive customer adoption of its flagship product RecoverX for next-generation cloud backup and recovery. 70% of its customers use RecoverX natively on public cloud platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Approximately 50% of the company’s customers are Fortune 500 organizations who use RecoverX for next-generation cloud backup and recovery of modern databases and customer-centric applications. Key Datos IO customers include eBay, Barracuda Networks, Maxwell Health, Ayla Networks and Cisco.
- Datos IO introduced the next-generation RecoverX 2.0, with support for backup and recovery for big data filesystems with Apache HDFS, cloud-native application-centric data protection for relational databases with Microsoft SQL Server, and significant platform capabilities including scale and elasticity, enterprise policy management and operational metrics.
- Network Appliance (NetApp) and Cisco have become strategic investors in Datos IO, reinforcing the company’s industry-defining approach to cloud data management and accelerating the routes to enterprise market and buyers.
“The cloud is causing enormous disruption in the data management market. Datos IO is well positioned to capitalize on a massive market opportunity, with a seminal data management architecture built for enterprise-wide data sources, while uniquely targeting scale-out next-generation databases as a market entry strategy,” said Vasudevan. “It is now painfully obvious to enterprises that data management and data protection need to transition from a hardware appliance era to a completely new software-based approach. I am excited to work with Tarun and the board to help Datos IO capitalize on the strategic opportunity that this market shift presents, and scale to meet the rapidly growing demand for their solutions.”
About Suresh Vasudevan
Suresh has been the president and chief executive officer of Nimble Storage, Inc. since March 2011 until its acquisition by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) in May 2017. During his tenure, he led Nimble from a startup through a successful IPO to a leading provider of next generation flash storage systems and a pioneer in leveraging predictive analytics for infrastructure management, with more than $500 million in annualized revenues and over 10,000 customers. Prior to Nimble Storage, he was the CEO of Omneon (acquired by Harmonic Inc.), and previously served as a member of the executive team at NetApp, overseeing all product operations. During a decade-long career at NetApp, Suresh led the company’s product strategy and product development and was a key architect of the steady expansion of NetApp’s product portfolio into new markets. Before joining NetApp, Suresh served at the management consulting firm McKinsey & Co. in New Delhi, Mumbai and Chicago as a senior engagement manager. He holds a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, with honors, from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) in Pilani, India and an M.B.A. from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Calcutta, India.
- Datos IO RecoverX Product: http://datos.io/recoverx/
- Datos IO CODR Architecture: http://datos.io/our-secret-sauce/
- Datos IO Customer Case Studies: http://datos.io/customers/
- IDC Infographic on Cloud Data Management: http://bit.ly/IDC-Cloud-Data-Management
About Datos IO
Datos IO is the application centric data management company for the multi-cloud world. Datos IO delivers a radically novel approach to data management, helping organizations embrace the cloud with confidence by delivering solutions that protect, mobilize, and monetize their data — at scale. Unlike traditional data protection solutions that protect applications either at a VM-level or at a storage LUN-level, Datos IO has reinvented data protection by eliminating any dependencies on VM or LUN constructs — thus, enabling a true application centric data management approach. This revolutionary application-centric approach to backup and recovery provides customers with dramatic backup storage efficiency that enable customers to directly backup data to the cloud, provides data management services at a granular level, and enables customers to intelligently move their applications back and forth between public clouds or across cloud environments. Backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, True Ventures, Network Appliance (NetApp), and Cisco Investments, Datos IO is headquartered in San Jose, California. To learn more, please visit http://datos.io/ and follow us on Twitter at @datos_io.
1) Gartner, Hype Cycle for Storage Technologies, 2016, July 5, 2016 Gartner Disclaimer
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.