TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--National Post is pleased to announce that on June 20, National Post and Financial Post will launch new websites, followed by mobile apps later in June that will significantly enhance the digital experience for readers.
National Post’s new digital product suite will include:
- The first ever Financial Post standalone app featuring: the latest business news, better surfacing of video and media rich content, ability to share stories as well as up-to-date insights and information on markets and stocks readers follow.
- The redesigned National Post and Financial Post websites and apps.
- All new Financial Data sections on the Financial Post mobile site and apps that offer business users the data they need at their fingertips 24/7.
- A number of ad units that are sticky, staying in place while the user scrolls down the page, allowing for higher ad viewability and click through rates.
- Standardized ad units across the network.
- Better contextualization of content for higher click through rates.
As has been the case for the last eight years, National Post moves to a Tuesday to Saturday print publication through the summer months, and this year will continue that schedule beyond the summer – eliminating the Monday print edition as of July.
“While we continue to innovate on our digital platforms, and enhance our offerings across all of our National Post brands, extending the summer print schedule made strategic sense,” said Gerry Nott, National Post’s Senior Vice President and SVP Content, Postmedia. “Eliminating the Monday print publication puts our National Post brands on stronger financial footing as we continue invest our energies into expanding our brands’ reach both with audiences and clients.”
New this summer is the introduction of a Monday ePaper edition – a digital replica of the print edition. The first National Post summer Monday ePaper will publish on Monday, July 3.
About National Post
National Post is a division of Postmedia Network Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Postmedia Network Canada Corp. (TSX:PNC.A, PNC.B), is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 200 brands across multiple print, online, and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it. This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. For more information, visit www.postmedia.com.