Photocatalytic self-cleaning coatings are a significant market for nanoparticulate titanium dioxide (TiO2). Nano-TiO2 surfaces (coated with 10-20nm layer of TiO2) are commercially available and have been used in (mainly in the Japanese and European markets) in water and air purification, self-cleaning glass, concrete products and a variety of coatings applications.
These coatings greatly benefit building maintenance, especially for skyscrapers, as they reduce the need for costly surface cleaning. Various types of surfaces with TiO2 can be covered to make them self-cleaning under sunlight as well as room light. Thus, surfaces based on paints, ceramics, glass, cementitious materials containing active photocatalytic titania nanoparticles have widespread applications to create environmentally clean areas within their proximity.
Self-cleaning photocatalytic coatings utilizing UV light are currently suitable mainly for exterior use for inorganic surfaces and coatings.
Photocatalytic materials operating at the wavelength of visible light are also widely studied. Industries impacted by self-cleaning photocatalytic coatings include:
- Self-cleaning architectural glass
- Self-cleaning automotive glass
- Roof coatings to reduce pollution through the degradation of sulfur and nitrogen oxides)
- Road and tunnel coatings.
- Medical (self-disinfecting coatings)
- Coatings for the elimination of VOCs and odors in public spaces.
- Water purification
- Air purification (indoor)
- Self-cleaning solar cell coatings.
Applications make use of the self-cleaning, anti-fogging, anti-microbial or water cleaving properties. In indoor environments, most surfaces, e.g.. ceramic tiles, windows glass or paper, are gradually covered with organic matter such as oils, dirt, and smoke residue and become fouled.
This report will answer the following questions:
- How large is the current market for Photocatalytic coatings?
- What is the status of the technology?
- What is driving deployment of these coatings?
- What are the potential market opportunities?
- Who are developing photocatalytic coatings and in what market?
The report also includes 49 Company profiles, including products and target markets. Companies profiled include Advanced Materials-JTJ S.R.O., Cristal, Eoxolit, Fumin, Heidelberg Cement, Panasonic and Toto.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Coatings Regulations Related To Photocatalytic Coatings
4 Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles
5 Self-Cleaning Photocatalytic Coatings
6 Company Profiles (49 Company Profiles)
- Advanced Materials-JTJ S.R.O.
- Heidelberg Cement
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5kx4ps/the_global_market