FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The worldwide hardcopy peripherals (HCP) market grew 1.2% year over year with more than 23.4 million units shipped in the first quarter of 2017 (1Q17), according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker. Both inkjet and laser unit shipments contributed to the positive year-over-year momentum, increasing 2.2% and 2.1%, respectively.
Notable highlights from the first quarter include:
- Four of the top 5 HCP companies saw year-over-year shipment growth with Epson leading the pack at 5.6%, followed by HP Inc. at 3.0%, and Canon Group and Brother at 0.6% each.
- Color inkjet 1-10ppm devices recorded year-over-year growth of 89.2% in unit shipments. The significant increase was fueled by growth across all eight of IDC's regional markets, ranging from 50.5% to 248.6%.
- Epson continued to gain momentum in the inkjet segment with increased adoption of its five L series models that were introduced two quarters ago. This enabled Epson to achieve 6.9% year-over-year growth in the inkjet segment.
- HP Inc. enjoyed 3.0% year-over-year growth in global shipments with a particularly strong performance in China, where the expansion of its tier-three channels allowed it to capture the growth in demand from the rapidly expanding new businesses in the SMB segment.
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Market, Unit Shipments, Company
Share, and Year-Over-Year
|1. HP Inc||8,633,209||36.9%||8,385,014||36.9%||+3.0%|
|2. Canon Group||4,545,181||19.4%||4,519,431||19.4%||+0.6%|
|Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, June 2017|
- IDC tracks A2-A4 devices in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunctional systems (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC). Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
In addition to the table above, an interactive graphic showing the worldwide market share of the top 5 hardcopy peripherals vendors over the previous five quarters is available here. Instructions on how to embed this graphic into online news articles and social media can be found by viewing this press release on IDC.com.
For more information about IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, please contact Phuong Hang at email@example.com.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly excel deliverables and on-line query tools.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, data and marketing services company that activates and engages the most influential technology buyers. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn.
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.