SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Jenkins community, the community of practitioners using open source Jenkins, and lead organizing sponsor CloudBees, Inc. today announced the keynote speakers for the 2017 Jenkins World conference. The conference is taking place at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco on August 28-31.
Jenkins World is for practitioners, IT and business leaders who are transforming their software delivery processes to DevOps and continuous delivery. Speakers from companies such as Accenture, JPMorganChase, PayPal, WatchGuard, Rosetta Stone and Verizon will present sessions on a variety of topics. Each of these companies, in some way, is deriving business value from their adoption of continuous delivery and DevOps.
Jenkins World brings together more than 2,000 attendees from the Jenkins community and ecosystem to learn, network and discuss the next evolution of Jenkins development and solutions for DevOps. The first half of the conference will feature trainings and workshops on topics such as Jenkins Pipeline, containers and best practices for using Jenkins. The second half will consist of conference sessions delivered by more than 60 speakers, spread across six tracks.
“Jenkins World 2017 will be better than ever,” said Kohsuke Kawaguchi, CTO, CloudBees. “DevOps and continuous delivery are evolving rapidly and it’s important for us to come together as a community and learn from each other. This year we’ll focus on everything from corporate culture to process design to automated testing to security. This event gives the community a chance to share best practices, challenges and fresh ideas. This is how you keep an industry moving forward.”
Keynotes for this year’s Jenkins World include:
On August 30, day one of the main conference/sessions:
- Kohsuke Kawaguchi, the creator of Jenkins and CTO of CloudBees, will deliver the opening keynote highlighting the transformation that has occurred in the Jenkins community this year, through innovations such as Declarative Pipeline and Blue Ocean, the new Jenkins UX.
- Sacha Labourey, CloudBees founder and CEO, will deliver a keynote discussing new updates from CloudBees and exciting news about the transformations that are occurring cross-industry as a result of DevOps and continuous delivery adoption.
On August 31, day two of the main conference/sessions:
- Jez Humble, CTO at DevOps Research and Assessment LLC and co-author of The DevOps Handbook, Lean Enterprise and Continuous Delivery, will discuss how to implement DevOps principles and practices and how to overcome typical obstacles.
- There will be more than 60 sessions, in total, hosted by organizations such as: Hulu, Microsoft, Rosetta Stone, Sonatype, Red Hat and Comcast.
A sampling of sessions from the Jenkins World agenda includes:
- DevOps Leadership Panel from Christoph Szymanski, SAP; Kolby Allen, WatchGuard; Moied Wahid, PayPal; Ian Kerins, Royal Bank of Canada
- The Ten Commandments of Continuous Delivery from Viktor Farcic, senior consultant at CloudBees
- How We Do DevOps at Rosetta Stone from Kevin Burnett, DevOps lead at Rosetta Stone
- Azure DevOps Open Source Integrations from Arun Chandrasekhar, senior program manager at Microsoft
“I’m excited to connect with the Jenkins community,” said Humble. “Implementing DevOps isn’t a simple process, but it’s definitely an important one. The Jenkins community is a vital part of this process and many of the community members are leading the DevOps charge in their organizations. I’m thrilled to be a part of Jenkins World and look forward to hearing about the community's DevOps successes and challenges.”
In addition to CloudBees, the Premier sponsor, featured sponsors include: BlazeMeter, Fugue, HPE, JFrog, Sauce Labs, Scalyr, Sonatype, Splunk, Black Duck Software, Checkmarx, GerritForge, Infostretch, MacStadium, Perfecto Mobile, Perforce, Red Hat, SmartBear, Trace3, Twistlock, XebiaLabs, Applitools, cPrime, DLT Solutions, Mobile Labs, QASymphony, Veertu, ECS Digital, OSA, DevOps.com, DZone, PAN Communications, Stickermule.
Register for Jenkins World:
Become a Jenkins World Sponsor:
CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing companies with smarter solutions for automating software development and delivery. CloudBees starts with Jenkins, the most trusted and widely-adopted continuous delivery platform, and adds enterprise-grade security, scalability, manageability and expert-level support. By making the software delivery process more productive, manageable and hassle-free, CloudBees puts companies on the fastest path to transforming great ideas into great software and returning value to the business more quickly.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Verizon Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps professionals. Follow CloudBees on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
About Jenkins and the Jenkins Community
Jenkins is the leading open source automation server supported by a large and growing community of developers, testers, designers and other people interested in continuous integration, continuous delivery and other modern software delivery practices. Built on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), it provides more than 1,300 plugins that extend Jenkins to automate with practically any technology software delivery teams use.
The Jenkins community advocates the use of Jenkins to the global development community, serving as a central source for tutorials, forums and other helpful resources for Jenkins users of all experience-levels. By recognizing the numerous contributors to the Jenkins project, the Jenkins project creates and fosters a community-powered infrastructure for maintaining and further developing Jenkins. You can follow the Jenkins community on Twitter (@JenkinsCI).