TEMPLE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--An epicenter of what’s ‘cool and hip,’ New York City’s Brooklyn borough stands at the inception of trend and style. Wilsonart, a world leading provider of engineered surfacing solutions, celebrates the city’s cutting-edge spirit and unique, inventive flair through “Inside Brooklyn.” Infused with timeless sensibility, tradition and modernism combine for a masterful assemblage of 15 new laminate designs within the Inside Brooklyn Collection available online through the company’s Virtual Design Library.
“Always striving to stay ahead of trends, the Wilsonart design team, with a group of eight other designers from across the country, set out on a trendspotting jaunt throughout Brooklyn,” said Andrea Flint, product designer at Wilsonart. “Four distinct and unique main trends were identified – Artisanal, Authenticity, Graphic, Texture – and we’ve intertwined these trends to create 15 new patterns that revel and honor the borough.”
The 15 new designs in the Inside Brooklyn Collection are inspired by these four main trends found throughout the city.
Artisanal, or the crafters movement, plays into this collection with the following globally-inspired inlaid wood patterns seen amongst the hand-crafted trinkets sold in local boutique shops throughout the borough:
- Arabesque series features a globally inspired inlaid design with Casual Rustic texture: Ash Arabesque (Y0488K-16), Sun Bleached Arabesque (Y0492K-16), Olive Arabesque (Y0493K-16), Sky Arabesque (Y0494K-16)
Authenticity is at the core of Brooklyn’s stories which captivate its admirers. Unapologetic authenticity and effortless design make their way through the depths of whiskey crafters’ intent to find purpose in what’s already available by repurposing machinery and using locally sourced products. Instead of settling for what’s shiny and new, these woodgrain patterns personify simple and sophisticated lives while also staying true to genuine experiences:
- Simple and sophisticated, ash woodgrains are refined with Wilsonart’s Casual Rustic 16 finish: Bright Ash (Y0521K-16), Chocolate Ash (Y0522K-16), Cottage Ash (Y0524K-16)
- A subtle wood grid design mirrors the original scrap wood found under a marble stone saw: Woven Oak (Y0495-60)
Ethnic designs and street art are bursting from the boulevards of the borough. On the streets of Williamsburg, daring graphics inspired our Botanical and Tweedish designs:
- A sophisticated bold botanical print pairs well with “Greenery”- the color of the year: Lush Jungle (Y0511-60)
- Wilsonart’s beloved bold and graphic Tweedish debuts in VDL in a classic red and white color with abstracted textile pattern: Tweedish (Y0513-38)
From an 1800s stone wall to a modern, cerused wood table, textures from past to present appear throughout Brooklyn celebrating the evolution of surfaces over time. Utilizing specific finishes and visual design, we elevated these dimensional abstracted stone and material looks:
- Paired with Wilsonart’s Gloss Line 28 finish elevates this design to a dimensional lineal abstracted stone look perfect for hospitality applications: Linear Graphite (Y0496K-28)
A distressed stone with a circular floral relief design: Piedra
- Coordinates with inline Brush Park Slate (Y0369-38)
- Abstracted textured material looks: Inky Indigo (Y0498-60), Denim (Y0499-60), Tide Pool (Y0501-60)
The Inside Brooklyn Collection is now available online as part of the Wilsonart® Virtual Design Library, an evolving, curated collection of laminates available in just 2-3 weeks from order.
Wilsonart, a world leading engineered surfaces company, is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. The company manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding and other engineered surface options for use in furniture, office and retail space, countertops, worktops and other applications. Operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Bushboard, Ralph Wilson® and Durcon® brands, the company continuously redefines decorative surfaces through improved performance and aesthetics. For more information, visit www.Wilsonart.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.