NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The North American Association of Uniform Manufacturers & Distributors (NAUMD) today announced the winners of its 2017 Innovation Awards. NAUMD’s Innovation Awards recognize unique design, advanced technology and excellence within the public safety uniform and apparel industry.
“We’re excited to shine a spotlight on the uniform manufacturers who went above and beyond to create more stylish, efficient and comfortable apparel for public safety professionals,” said Neal Waters, President, NAUMD. “Our Innovation Awards represent the unique ways shoes, jackets, badges and more transform the overall function of a uniform. This year’s winners used cutting-edge technology and creativity to design inspiring apparel.”
The 2017 NAUMD winners were determined by a panel of independent judges composed of celebrated designers, journalists and fashion authorities. The panel reviewed each submission and judged the innovations based on the benefit to the wearer, application of new technology, overall creativity and the quality of the research process that produced the innovation.
Winners of the 2017 NAUMD Innovation Awards include:
- Best Badge or Emblem Design: Pasadena Police Department 80th Anniversary Badge in Pasadena, Texas by Smith & Warren
- Best Fabric Innovation: VaporCore® by Fechheimer Brothers Company
- Best Footwear Innovation: Altama OTB Maritime Assault Boot by Original Footwear Co.
- Best Garment Innovation – Comfort: Zip-off Sleeve SoftShell Jacket by Cintas Corporation
- Best Garment Innovation – Function: Hivis Color Block Performance SoftShell by Elbeco
- Best Public Safety Product Innovation: The BodyShield External Carrier by Elbeco
The NAUMD Innovation Awards are open to all companies in the image apparel and uniform industry. Participants must submit a completed entry form, as well as photographs or drawings depicting the innovation.
For more information about the NAUMD Innovation Awards, visit www.naumd.com/.
About the NAUMD
The North American Association of Uniform Manufacturers and Distributors has presented awards since 1978. The purpose of the NAUMD is to help businesses in our industry to prepare for the future. Learn more about the NAUMD and the awards program at www.naumd.com or www.imageoftheyear.net.