This report gives a quarterly overview of the DRAM market. It includes market share, competitive analysis, advice to vendors, customers, toolmakers, and investors, and forecasts the market's future revenues.
Through a unique and very accurate forecast methodology, the author predicts a revenue peak of nearly $70 billion in DRAM revenues in 2018, before a market collapse that will reduce 2019 revenues to a fraction of that figure. This cycle will be driven by a shortage related to issues in the NAND flash market followed by an oversupply that is, once again, driven by the interplay between NAND flash and DRAM production.
To create this report the author performs a quarterly analysis of NAND flash makers' reported results and combines these with other market indicators and historical pricing patterns.
- The DRAM market is consolidated to three vendors with a combined market share of 92%.
- Micron's share has been declining, while that of Samsung has increased to offset Micron's decline. SK hynix' market share has been stable over time.
- Third-quarter DRAM revenues approached $11 billion, up 20% from the prior quarter.
- Samsung maintains leadership in the DRAM market with a 50% market share.
- DRAM market revenues will approach $70 billion in 2018 before dropping to a fraction of that figure in 2019. This drop will be the result of a price collapse caused by an oversupply in the NAND flash market that brings too much production capacity to DRAM.
- Low growth in prior years stemmed from poor demand growth thanks to China's currency devaluation and troubled oil economies.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
5. Competitive Landscape
- SK hynix
- Micron Technology
6. Market Share
7. Projections & Forecast Assumptions
8. Forecast Rationale
9. Historic Perspectives
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j8npwf/dram_market