CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Veterinarian™, the premier multimedia provider of cutting-edge news, research, and conference coverage in veterinary medicine, is proud to announce the names of its first 10 editorial advisory board members from across the United States
The selected advisory board members will work in collaboration with the editorial team by recommending topics, soliciting and providing content, and sharing news and information about their veterinary school, industry, state, or specialty practice area.
American Veterinarian™ publisher Chris Hennessy said, “We are excited to announce the addition of our new board members. Each member will help contribute to our publication and provide our readers with news and up-to-date clinical information within the field of veterinary medicine.”
Introducing the American Veterinarian™ Editorial Advisory Board members:
- Eric Ako, DVM, offers his expertise as a veterinarian in the sector of agricultural services. Dr. Ako has been practicing for 20 years and serves as the executive vice president of the Hawaii Veterinary Medical Association.
- Hazel C. Carney, DVM, MS, DABVP, a leader in the field of feline medicine for more than 25 years, is one of only eight veterinarians nationwide to serve as a panel member and co-author of the American Association of Feline Practitioners guidelines. She practices at Feline Behavior & Medicine in Garden City, Idaho.
- Mike Dutton, DVM, MS, DABVP (CF, Av, ECM), CVPP, is founder and owner of Weare Animal Hospital in Weare, New Hampshire. He is triple boarded in canine and feline practice, avian practice, and exotic companion mammal practice.
- Elizabeth J. Colleran, DVM, MS, DABVP, the only feline specialist in the state of Oregon, is owner and director of the Cat Hospital of Portland and Chico Hospital for Cats in Chico, California. In 2011, Dr. Colleran served as president of the American Association of Feline Practitioners and is a spokesperson for the Cat-Friendly Practice initiative.
- Laurie Hess, DVM, DABVP (Avian), a top expert on avian and exotic animal medicine, is founder and owner of the Veterinary Center for Birds & Exotics in New York. Dr. Hess is a diplomate of the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners and the author of Unlikely Companions: The Adventures of an Exotic Animal Doctor.
- Amanda Landis-Hanna, DVM, has practiced small animal, exotic, shelter, and relief medicine. She was a VCA medical director for 7 years in California and Virginia, served as director of veterinary medicine for Voyce from 2013 to 2016, and is currently senior manager of veterinary outreach at PetSmart Charities.
- Ellen M. Lindell, VMD, DACVB, owns Veterinary Behavior Consultations, PC, a behavior specialty practice with offices in New York and Connecticut. She is an active member and past-president of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists and serves as a behavior consultant for the Veterinary Information Network.
- Emily McCobb, DVM, MS, DACVAA, is a clinical associate professor and director of the Shelter Medicine Program at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. Dr. McCobb specializes in anesthesia and pain medicine.
- Brook A. Niemiec, DVM, DAVDC, DEVDC, is one of fewer than 10 veterinarians worldwide to be named a fellow in the Academy of Veterinary Dentistry (AVD) and board certified by both the American and European Veterinary Dental Colleges. He is the AVD representative to the World Small Animal Veterinary Association. Dr. Niemiec is chief of staff of Southern California Veterinary Dental Specialties and creator and director of the San Diego Veterinary Dental Training Center.
- Amy L. Pike, DVM, DACVB, is one of fewer than 70 board-certified veterinary behaviorists in the country. She serves as chief of the Behavior Medicine Division at the Veterinary Referral Center of Northern Virginia. Dr. Pike is a U.S. Army veteran and an active member of the Fear-Free Advisory Committee.
When complete, the American Veterinarian™ Editorial Advisory Board will include at least one person from every state, including members of the state veterinary medical associations, practitioners certified by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, and diplomates from each of the veterinary colleges. For more information about the American Veterinarian™ Editorial Advisory Board, please visit http://www.americanveterinarian.com/.
American Veterinarian, a comprehensive clinical multimedia information platform with resources both online and in print, provides companion animal practitioners with comprehensive news and information designed to improve patient outcomes and make a positive impact on the way veterinarians practice. In fulfilling our mission to provide a broader view of medicine that encompasses the intertwined worlds of science, medicine, and health, American Veterinarian™ features the latest news, clinical updates, business and practice management, legal and regulatory updates, product information, and conference coverage.