TAIPEI, Taiwan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--COMPUTEX, the leading global ICT show with a complete supply chain, and IoT and startup ecosystems, today announced an informative and exciting agenda for InnoVEX, the exhibit for innovative startups taking place May 30-June 1 as part of COMPUTEX 2017. InnoVEX will showcase 272 startup companies from 23 countries. A packed schedule of keynotes, panels and demos provide a rare opportunity for startups to connect with international VCs, angel investors, potential partners, and future customers in a single venue.
InnoVEX will feature events on two stages, the Center Stage and Pi Stage. InnoVEX’s Center Stage will host keynotes, panels, the pitch contest finale, and events focused on startup technology and entrepreneurial issues, such as artificial intelligence, IoT, startup ecosystems, digital economy, and technology policies. InnoVEX’s Pi Stage will spotlight product demonstrations from InnoVEX global startups, the InnoVEX pitch contest semifinals, and one-to-one matchmaking sessions for startups, investors, and other partners. All events held on the Center Stage will be live streamed on Twitch, the global media partner of InnoVEX, the startup exhibit at COMPUTEX 2017.
“Now in its second year, InnoVEX has become one of the leading global startup events, playing a key matchmaking role for entrepreneurs, investors, and strategic partners in the global information and communications technology supply chain,” said Walter Yeh, president and CEO of COMPUTEX organizer TAITRA, the Taiwan External Trade Development Council. “InnoVEX will give COMPUTEX visitors a preview of some of the most exciting global startups, and practical information to help startups succeed.”
Highlights from InnoVEX’s Center Stage are:
- May 30: Keynotes and a panel discussion on startup accelerating insights; a panel discussion about the impacts of policies on the startup ecosystem; keynotes and a panel discussion on AI and deep learning
- May 31: Keynotes on digital transformation opportunities and challenges for SMEs; a panel discussion on building collaborative ecosystems to enable digital partnerships; panel discussions on cooperating with the Asian startup ecosystem and connecting startup resources to explore the global market
- June 1: Keynotes on innovations that could become the next “big thing”; deep tech; hardware startup challenges; and future opportunities for Taiwan startups; a panel discussion on how to turn innovation into profits; pitch contest finale and awards ceremony with a cash prize of US$30,000 for the winner
The complete InnoVEX Center Stage agenda is online at InnoVEX Events.
The Pi Stage will feature:
- May 30: Startup demos (teams from IAPS & IA, APEC)
- May 31: Pitch contest semifinals
- June 1: Startup demos (teams from La French Tech, Taipei City Government) and one-to-one matchmaking sessions for startups, investors, and other partners
The complete InnoVEX Pi Stage agenda is online at InnoVEX Events.
InnoVEX will be held at Exhibition Hall 3 of the Taipei World Trade Center from May 30 to June 1.
For more information and updates:
About COMPUTEX TAIPEI (also called COMPUTEX):
Established in 1981, COMPUTEX TAIPEI is the leading global ICT and IoT show with a complete supply chain and ecosystems. Co-organized by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) and Taipei Computer Association (TCA), COMPUTEX, based upon Taiwan’s complete ICT clusters, covers the whole spectrum of ICT industry, from established brands to startups and from ICT supply chain to IoT ecosystems. With strong R&D and manufacturing capabilities and IPR protection, Taiwan is a strategic destination for foreign companies and investors looking for partners in global technology ecosystems. Follow COMPUTEX on its website at www.computextaipei.com.tw and on Twitter @computex_taipei using the hashtag #COMPUTEX.
Founded in 1970 to help promote foreign trade, the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) is the foremost non-profit trade promotion organization in Taiwan. Jointly sponsored by the government, industry associations, and several commercial organizations, TAITRA assists Taiwan businesses and manufacturers with reinforcing their international competitiveness and in coping with the challenges they face in foreign markets.
TAITRA boasts a well-coordinated trade promotion and information network of over 1,200 trained specialists stationed throughout its Taipei headquarters, four local branch offices in Hsinchu, Taichung, Tainan and Kaohsiung, and 60 overseas branch offices worldwide. Together with its sister organizations, Taiwan Trade Center (TTC) and Taipei World Trade Center (TWTC), TAITRA has created a wealth of trade opportunities through effective promotion strategies.
In addition to organizing trade delegations & providing customized procurement services, TAITRA also hosts more than 35 international trade shows annually in Taipei and in Kaohsiung. In 2016, 11,128 exhibitors and 83,807 international visitors took part in these events.