MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Berger Singerman, Florida’s business law firm, has announced it will host a series of educational workshops and webinars from June 5 through 9 to prepare local business owners for the upcoming hurricane season. The firm will also release several informative blog posts addressing key preparedness tips relevant for various industries, including utilities, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, agriculture, and real estate.
With five named storms impacting the Southeast U.S. coast in 2016 alone, including Hurricanes Hermine and Matthew which made landfall in Florida, it is crucial now more than ever for businesses to be equipped with the necessary tools.
Events in the series are open to the public, and will be hosted by the firm’s team members who specialize in insurance, real estate, cybersecurity and construction litigation. The workshops will focus on a range of topics aimed to prepare the community in the event of a natural disaster; topics include:
- “Best Practices for Handling Insurance Claims for Property/Association Managers” workshop: Attorneys Michael Higer and Gina Clausen Lozier will host a webinar educating property management and association professionals on how to prepare to best handle insurance claims in the wake of a hurricane.
- “The Peril of the Wind Created Opening” workshop: Attorneys Michael Higer and Gina Clausen Lozier will host an in-person course for public adjusters on the applicable insurance policy provisions related to wind and hurricane claims.
In addition to the educational seminars, the firm’s blog, Doing Business in Florida, will offer comprehensive information and tools that can be applied during and after a natural disaster. The new blogs will address:
- The obligations to secure equipment and construction materials during storms and the potential liability for failing to do so;
- Vulnerability of data during a catastrophic event;
- Practical implications of receiving and sending goods during a hurricane;
- Changes to the National Hurricane Center Warning System and their impact on employers;
- The difference between first v. third party claims;
- Being sure individuals are named as an additional insured;
- The importance of government entities during a national emergency;
- Utility service & 2017 hurricanes;
- The pitfalls of failing to provide prompt notice for property owners; and
- The importance of recordkeeping after a storm for property owners.
For more information on these seminars and to access all blogs, webinars and articles, please contact Jody Maier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Berger Singerman
Berger Singerman LLP, Florida’s business law firm, has more than 80 attorneys working out of offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Tallahassee. Members of the firm have expertise in commercial law, including business reorganization, corporate securities and M&A, dispute resolution, employment law, environmental and land use, government and regulatory, healthcare, immigration, insurance, internal investigations and white collar criminal defense, real estate, tax, and wealth preservation. Berger Singerman is consistently and widely recognized by independent third parties for its excellence in client service, results obtained for clients and its culture; most recently, the firm was named to the “Midsize Hot List” by the National Law Journal and named a “Florida Powerhouse” by Law360. For more information, please visit www.bergersingerman.com or the Doing Business in Florida resource www.flabusinesslaw.com.