HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) today announced it has been named to the Best for Vets list by Military Times and recognized as a Gold-Level Military Friendly® Employer by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs®. Travelers has been included on the Best for Vets list for four consecutive years and has been named to the Military Friendly® Employer list for 10 years.
“This recognition is a testament to our ongoing support of our country’s service members,” said John Clifford, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at Travelers. “We value the unique skill sets and leadership qualities that people with military experience bring to a job, and we’re proud of the many veterans, guard members and reservists who work at Travelers.”
Travelers’ commitment to supporting military service members is demonstrated in a number of ways, including:
Recruiting and hiring practices
- A team of recruiters and employees with previous military experience builds relationships with national military and veteran organizations to help Travelers actively recruit transitioning service personnel for opportunities in claim, underwriting, customer service, information technology, medical case management, risk control and many other business areas.
Employee and community programs
- Mentorships are provided to transitioning military personnel through the company’s involvement with American Corporate Partners. Travelers also supports special events to salute military personnel and their families during the Travelers Championship.
- The company’s Military and Veterans Diversity Network is a resource group open to all employees. Since its launch in 2013, the network has grown to more than 2,400 members nationally.
- In 2016, Travelers reaffirmed its commitment to service members and their families when Alan Schnitzer, Chief Executive Officer, signed a Statement of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve at a national level. Company representatives also signed similar statements at the state level.
Benefits for those on active duty
- Benefits for employees deployed on active duty include benefits continuation and leave-of-absence policies. The company provides full benefits and supplements employees’ military pay for the duration of their deployment, up to five years.
To learn more about Travelers and its commitment to recruiting military service members, visit careers.travelers.com/military.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has approximately 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $28 billion in 2016. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.