HICKORY, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As the world embarks on a potential fourth Industrial Revolution, it is the 30 to 50 billion connected devices that will spur the unprecedented growth in bandwidth. The next few years are critical to building the networks that will meet the demand. In anticipation of this need, CommScope, a leader in communications network infrastructure solutions, is introducing its High Speed Migration platform that assists data center managers with building faster, more agile, high-density migration plans.
“With our High Speed Migration solutions, we’re able to help data center managers accelerate the growth of their DC capacity and the speed of their digital transformation initiatives,” said John Schmidt, vice president of Global Data Center Solutions at CommScope. “We are quickly moving from 10Gb/s and 40Gb/s to 100Gb/s, 400Gb/s and beyond. The more data consumers and network users need, the more services they expect, the more critical speed becomes. This is a global phenomenon and one of the top challenges that data center managers will face.”
CommScope’s High Speed Migration portfolio works for duplex and parallel applications and allows customers to decide on the best approach to architecture. It also supports higher speeds and emerging applications without having to rip and replace. More than that, the platform allows CommScope to act as a trusted partner with our highly trained team of network architects who understand a customer’s business needs and provides insight to future data center ecosystems and technology trends. The following innovative solutions are part of the first phase of the High Speed Migration platform and support current and future high speed applications:
- MPO connectivity options: 24-fiber connections that ensure lowest first cost duplex deployments with a single connection, 12-fiber to support the seamless expansion of legacy 12-fiber infrastructures, and 8-fiber support QSFP technologies, providing for customers utilizing this parallel optic configuration.
- Fiber optic panels: Ultra- and high- density panels that simplify management of duplex and parallel ports for dynamic migration and flexibility.
- Ultra-Low Loss (ULL) performance: Ultra-low loss pre-terminated components enable longer link spans with more connectivity options and guaranteed support for attenuation-sensitive applications.
- LazrSPEED® WideBand OM5: Part of the flagship CommScope SYSTIMAX® portfolio most recently designated OM5 by the ISO/IEC. It enhances the ability of short-wavelength division multiplexing to provide at least four-fold increases in usable bandwidth while maintaining backward compatibility with legacy multimode fiber.
- imVision®: The automated infrastructure management system (AIM) that gives oversight and control to SYSTIMAX physical network connectivity solutions.
As part of CommScope’s entire High Speed Migration strategy, solutions include all fiber types (multimode and single mode), intelligence and customized connectors for all data centers.
Delivering connectivity resources at scale has become a competitive differentiator, per Jennifer Cooke, research director in IDC’s Datacenter Trends and Strategies group. Digital transformation initiatives are built on making data-driven decisions, and the ever-increasing need for speed will challenge network and data providers soon.
“Preparing to meet this challenge requires not only investment, but a strategy and vision to transition when and where resources are needed,” said Cooke. “CommScope’s high-speed migration services meet a critical need in the market by providing a bridge between current and future demand and supporting a strategic vision for data center and network transformation."
CommScope will host a Twitter chat on May 17, from 10:00 a.m. CDT to 11:00 a.m. to answer questions about high speed migration. Use #COMMtweets to tag your question at the company handle, @CommScope.
Click here to download approved CommScope data center images, as well as the Ethernet Alliance’s Ethernet roadmap. It shows the dramatic ascent to 800Gb and 1Tb/s, which is expected to occur by as soon as 2020.
SUGGESTED TWEETS TO SHARE THE NEWS:
- #CommScope boasts the need for speed in #datacenters. It’s built an entire platform around it.
- Speeds are getting, well, faster. #CommScope builds new platform around high speed migration.
- Is #10Gb/s too slow? #200Gb/s about right? Is your data center ready? Ask #CommScope for its plans to help migrate.
CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) helps companies around the world design, build and manage their wired and wireless networks. Our vast portfolio of network infrastructure includes some of the world’s most robust and innovative wireless and fiber optic solutions. Our talented and experienced global team is driven to help customers increase bandwidth; maximize existing capacity; improve network performance and availability; increase energy efficiency; and simplify technology migration. You will find our solutions in the largest buildings, venues and outdoor spaces; in data centers and buildings of all shapes, sizes and complexity; at wireless cell sites; in telecom central offices and cable headends; in FTTx deployments; and in airports, trains, and tunnels. Vital networks around the world run on CommScope solutions.
This press release includes forward-looking statements that are based on information currently available to management, management’s beliefs, as well as on a number of assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, which could cause the actual results to differ materially from those currently expected. In providing forward-looking statements, the company does not intend, and is not undertaking any obligation or duty, to update these statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.