MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--beIN SPORTS today announced ratings wins for the month of April. Last month, the Network showed strong results for its telecast of “El Clásico,” the marquee soccer match between La Liga archrivals, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona, which aired on April 23rd live from the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid, Spain. The Network also secured large viewership gains for its MotoAmerica and WTA broadcasts. Overall, both networks – beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español – experienced growth over the previous month, with beIN SPORTS en Español growing by 9% in Total Day and 27% in weekend viewership, while beIN SPORTS increased 25% in Total Day and 55% on the weekend.
- The April 23rd live telecast of the season’s second installment of “El Clásico” averaged 1.6 Million Total Viewers, and 954,000 Adults 18-49. This is a 11% and 10% increase, respectively, in viewership since the previous match on December 3rd, 2016.
- The broadcast of “Real Madrid vs. FC Barcelona,” along with Pre-game coverage on “The Express Preview: El Clásico” and post-game coverage on “The Xtra,” combined to deliver 3.3 Million unique viewers across both networks.
- 2.2M people generated 5.1M social media interactions across Facebook and Twitter during the broadcast of “Real Madrid vs. FC Barcelona” on beIN SPORTS on Sunday, April 23rd, making it the #1 most socially engaged sports event for the week of April 17th.
- “El Clásico” on beIN SPORTS en Español was the #3 ranked sporting event of the day among Adults 18-49, out-delivering the NHL playoffs on NBCSN and baseball on ESPN. Finishing just under NBA playoffs on Turner.
- April 23rd was the most-watched day on beIN SPORTS en Español to date among Men 18-49, since it has been measured nationally.
- The broadcast of “El Clásico” propelled beIN SPORTS en Español to have the most-watched day of the year among Spanish-language cable networks across key demos including Adults 18-49 and 18-34.
- “El Clásico” is the #1 soccer match on all cable year-to-date among Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
- MotoAmerica on beIN SPORTS is off to a great start in 2017, up 54% compared to last year’s telecasts and most recent telecasts have received record highs for MotoAmerica coverage on the Network.
- WTA Semifinal of the Stuttgart tournament featuring Maria Sharapova was the most watched live WTA match on beIN SPORTS to date, out-delivering the WTA tournament average by 375%.
Source: Nielsen, NHI & NHIH, Live + Same Day. Reach includes both repeat and live airings of the game as well as live pre- and post-game coverage across both nets, based on 1 min qualifier. Social Content Ratings Weekly Top Ten, Week of 4/17/17. Sporting event ranker based on all cable for 4/23. Total day ranker, 6a-6a 12/26/16-4/30/17, includes all Spanish cable origination networks. Soccer ranker based on all Soccer matches airing on all Ad-supported cable, 12/26/16-4/30/17.
About beIN SPORTS USA
Launched in 2012, beIN SPORTS is the fastest growing global sports network in the U.S. and is offered on the 10 largest cable/satellite TV providers in the U.S., as well as other systems across the country. beIN SPORTS offers viewers premium sports content and entertainment across multiple platforms including TV channels beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español and live streaming on beIN SPORTS CONNECT. A cornerstone of beIN SPORTS is its unrivaled live soccer coverage, which includes live matches from La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, NASL, and CONMEBOL/CONCACAF/ CAF World Cup Qualifiers, as well as news and in-depth analysis of all the top leagues from around the world. In addition to soccer, beIN SPORTS serves as a haven to fans of motorsports, tennis, rugby, boxing, mixed martial arts (MMA) and volleyball, among others. With the recent addition of Conference USA coverage, beIN SPORTS will also broadcast College Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Soccer, Baseball, Softball and Volleyball. Thru beIN SPORTS CONNECT, authenticated subscribers can also enjoy all the exciting action from the two networks and stream live overflow matches offered in HD on your computer, tablet or smart phone.