HONG KONG--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Motorola Solutions (NYI:MSI) will unveil highly advanced technology solutions to enhance the capabilities of nationwide public safety networks in the Asia Pacific at Critical Communications World 2017.
The company’s mission-critical radio technologies, specialised software, mission critical broadband, command centre solutions and future innovation concepts will all be presented at Asia World Expo in Hong Kong.
Motorola Solutions’ advanced technology showcase comes at a time when both mission-critical radio and public safety broadband solutions are in high demand throughout the Asia Pacific. This is reflected in forecasts that by 2020 there will be *almost 20 million active two-way radios in the region, while the ** North America and Asia Pacific regions combined will account for nearly 70 percent of all public safety broadband investment globally.
Iain Clarke, corporate vice president and general manager, Asia Pacific, for Motorola Solutions, said the growth in both mission-critical communications and mobile broadband technologies is fuelled by demand for end-to-end, interoperable solutions combining the most needed elements of voice, data and multimedia communication.
“Public safety customers in Asia Pacific are among the most technically advanced in the world and are continuing their rapid adoption of mission-critical mobile intelligence services and smart technologies,” Clarke said. “This is enabling them to filter and analyse the vast amounts of data available today so they can make better and faster decisions to protect our communities.
“Motorola Solutions’ deep domain expertise in delivering holistic public safety solutions will benefit those countries in Asia Pacific planning for large-scale, highly-available and secure deployments,” he said.
Motorola Solutions continues to invest in new capabilities and skills to accelerate innovation within Asia Pacific - from its partnership with Singapore’s ST Electronics to develop advanced communications technologies to its acquisition of a large team of mobile application developers through the acquisition of Gridstone in Australia.
Clarke said further evidence of his company’s much needed role in delivering secure and reliable critical communication services and global innovation was demonstrated through a series of major milestones. These include Motorola Solutions’:
- Contract to deliver system integration and next-generation, mission-critical voice and data services for the Emergency Services Network in the UK
- Implementation of the three largest public safety broadband networks in the world, in Los Angeles County, California in the U.S. and in two Middle Eastern countries
- Delivery of leading public safety broadband trials with multiple international police and military forces throughout the world.
- Recently announced plans to acquire Kodiak Networks, a privately held provider of broadband push-to-talk (PTT) for commercial customers.
Motorola Solutions supports mission-critical systems in more than 20 countries globally including Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Australia, the U.S., the U.K. and countries in Europe. It also has a proven track record of delivering, managing and operating large-scale, complex and dependable public safety networks.
“At CCW we will demonstrate our broad capabilities to deliver end-to-end public safety software solutions as well as the powerful set of tools we have to enable organisations to work more safely and collaboratively with increased situational awareness,” Clarke said.
Highlights from Motorola Solutions’ technology showcase at CCW 2017 include:
- A futuristic view of the of the Command Centre of the Future that uses next-generation technology, including mixed reality and holographic images, to enable first responders to collaborate on critical information like never before.
- Essential radio technologies including the latest TETRA, APCO P25 and MOTOTRBO releases combined with enhanced features including software applications to increase collaboration and simplify workflows.
- Mobile applications for secure messaging, mapping, collaborative whiteboarding and conducting searches.
- A Convergence Suite of software including WAVE 5000 combined with Intelligent Middleware solutions to extend the bridge between radio and cellular networks to team members regardless of the devices they use.
- Deployable LTE infrastructure for continuous operations, including the LXN500 solution combined with mapping, messaging and video streaming maps to pinpoint in-field resources and enable seamless collaboration.
- Command centre solutions including CommandCentral Aware to integrate disparate data sources and CommandCentral Vault for complete digital evidence management including body-worn video.
- Integrated Computer Aided Dispatch solutions to simplify the management of critical information from central data sources between control rooms, first responders and the community.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities. For ongoing news, visit www.motorolasolutions.com/newsroom or subscribe to a news feed.
* The number of active two-way radios in Asia Pacific is expected to increase to over 19.8 million by end 2020 (a CAGR growth of 3 percent from 2016-2020). Source: IHS Research
** The North America and Asia Pacific regions will account for nearly 70% of all public safety LTE investments over the next four years. Source: SNS Telecom report ‘Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband Market: 2016 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2017 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.