SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ScaleArc, the leading provider of database load balancing software, was named the winner of a Gold Stevie® Award in the 15th Annual American Business Awards today. The company’s software, ScaleArc for MySQL for Amazon Aurora, took top honors as New Product of the Year for Software for Cloud Infrastructure.
Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word meaning “crowned,” the American Business Awards are the nation’s premier business awards program. More than 190 professionals worldwide participated in the judging process to select this year’s Stevie Award winners, selecting from among 3,600 nominations submitted by organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry.
ScaleArc for MySQL for Amazon Aurora
ScaleArc’s database load balancing software deploys between application and database servers to improve uptime and performance for applications. The software directs traffic into the database on behalf of the application, providing app-transparent failover, zero downtime maintenance, and faster performance – all without any code changes to the application.
The judges’ recognition of the ScaleArc software included:
“Seamless aggregation of capacity is great, even better is avoiding dev time recoding. A very useful market solution!”
“A key element is that ScaleArc’s database load balancing software enables enterprises to run database workloads in the cloud without application changes and without compromising uptime and performance. Cost and time savings along with revenue enhancements were demonstrated.”
By supporting Amazon Aurora integration, ScaleArc enables Aurora customers to:
- Automatically discover an Amazon Aurora cluster and avoid manually configuring cluster details within the ScaleArc software, simplifying deployment;
- Detect role changes on an Amazon Aurora cluster, allowing ScaleArc software to automatically write to the primary or master files and read secondaries or slaves files when Amazon Aurora changes the role of servers in a cluster;
- Enable app-transparent database failover, so that ScaleArc software will detect a failover in progress, hold transactions in its queue and drain the queue when Amazon Aurora completes the failover, shielding the application and the customer from seeing application errors;
- Support geo-aware and replication-aware load balancing, enabling ScaleArc software to optimize performance by sending traffic to the best-performing server, based on time to first byte;
- Co-locate resources to ensure high application performance, allowing ScaleArc software to communicate with an Amazon Aurora cluster to ensure the ScaleArc software deploys in the same region as the cluster to avoid wide area network (WAN) latency from slowing application throughput; and
- Monitor database server health and replication lag, so that ScaleArc software can call from internal AWS tables to understand whether any database servers are behind in their replication performance to avoid serving stale data.
“We’re proud to have the ScaleArc software recognized as a Gold Stevie Award Winner and New Product of the Year,” said Justin Barney, CEO of ScaleArc. “Many enterprises today are migrating ever more critical applications to the cloud, and moving a workload – particularly a database workload – from an on-prem deployment to the cloud is challenging. ScaleArc’s database load balancing software enables enterprises to run database workloads in the cloud without application changes and without compromising uptime and performance.”
“Each year the judges find the quality and variety of the nominations to be greater than the year before. The 2017 competition was intense, and every organization that has won should be proud,” said Michael Gallagher, president and founder of the Stevie Awards.
ScaleArc recently announced additional updates to its ScaleArc for MySQL software. The latest release enhances the query load balancing capabilities of the software and supports MySQL 5.7. To learn more about ScaleArc for MySQL, visit http://www.scalearc.com/how-it-works/products/scalearc-for-mysql.
Details about The American Business Awards and the list of 2017 Stevie winners are available at www.StevieAwards.com/ABA.
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in seven programs: the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, the German Stevie Awards, The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, the Stevie Awards for Great Employers, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Stevie Awards competitions receive more than 10,000 entries each year from organizations in more than 60 nations. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com.
ScaleArc enables consumer-grade apps for today’s digital business – apps that are never down, are always fast, and scale anywhere. ScaleArc’s database load balancing software helps organizations of all sizes eliminate application downtime from database outages or maintenance, improve application performance, and scale database capacity – all without writing a single line of code. As a result, ScaleArc customers increase revenue, reduce operational costs, and accelerate time to market. Learn more about ScaleArc and its customers and partners at www.ScaleArc.com.
ScaleArc and the ScaleArc logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ScaleArc in the United States and other countries. All brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders.