GILLETTE, Wyo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Following its annual meeting of stockholders today, Cloud Peak Energy Inc. (NYSE: CLD), one of the largest U.S. coal producers and the only pure-play Powder River Basin (PRB) coal company, announced the preliminary voting results from the annual meeting. The Company’s stockholders have:
- elected current directors William T. Fox III and Robert Skaggs to its Board of Directors to serve until Cloud Peak Energy’s 2020 annual meeting;
- ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the 2017 fiscal year;
- approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation of Cloud Peak Energy’s named executive officers, as disclosed in its proxy statement;
- approved, on an advisory basis, the frequency of future advisory votes on the compensation of Cloud Peak Energy’s named executive officers to occur every year;
- approved the First Amendment to the Cloud Peak Energy 2009 Long Term Incentive Plan to increase the number of shares authorized for issuance thereunder and extend the term thereof;
- approved the material terms of the 2009 Long Term Incentive Plan, as amended by the First Amendment, in accordance with the stockholder approval requirements of Section 162(m) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- approved the ratification of the non-employee director maximum award limitations set forth in the 2009 Long Term Incentive Plan, as amended by the First Amendment.
Additional information about these proposals can be found in the Company’s proxy statement for the annual meeting, as filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
The voting results are based on the preliminary report of the Company’s inspector of election. Final results will be included in the Company’s current report on Form 8-K to be filed within four business days of the annual meeting.
About Cloud Peak Energy®
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. (NYSE:CLD) is headquartered in Wyoming and is one of the largest U.S. coal producers and the only pure-play Powder River Basin coal company. As one of the safest coal producers in the nation, Cloud Peak Energy mines low sulfur, subbituminous coal and provides logistics supply services. The Company owns and operates three surface coal mines in the PRB, the lowest cost major coal producing region in the nation. The Antelope and Cordero Rojo mines are located in Wyoming and the Spring Creek Mine is located in Montana. In 2016, Cloud Peak Energy shipped approximately 59 million tons from its three mines to customers located throughout the U.S. and around the world. Cloud Peak Energy also owns rights to substantial undeveloped coal and complimentary surface assets in the Northern PRB, further building the Company’s long-term position to serve Asian export and domestic customers. With approximately 1,300 total employees, the Company is widely recognized for its exemplary performance in its safety and environmental programs. Cloud Peak Energy is a sustainable fuel supplier for approximately three percent of the nation’s electricity.